Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be responsible for wholly managing the customer interaction for each of their accounts. They are the centralized point of communication between the customer and all internal Cardinal departments. Their core focus is the preservation and growth of the interpersonal relationships, revenue, margin, and load volume for each of their accounts. They will work daily with Sales, Ops, and Finance as required to provide the customer with the highest level of service, while placing an emphasis on maximizing Cardinal’s profits.
• Internal Collaboration – Partner with sales, ops, and management to accelerate revenue by maximizing daily transactional freight opportunities
• Systems Interaction – Build & update loads along with scheduling appointments as needed for all customer shipments
• Problem Resolution – Identify and monitor customer issues or complaints on both the individual load and overall account level. Tactfully handle all situations with intelligent, proactive communication to provide the best solution possible
• Reporting – Maintain constant knowledge of the performance of each account with the ability to generate reporting for all metrics for both management and customer review as needed
• Daily Task Execution – Adhere to standard operating procedures for all daily job activities, while identifying areas of improvement within the workflow
• Industry Knowledge – Engage in ongoing learning of the domestic supply chain including market conditions, pricing, transportation modes, equipment, and all other details that get freight from A to B
• Motivation – This is a fast-paced, high-energy industry and office environment that requires a strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously.
• Bachelor’s degree or history of relevant work experience in account management or logistics role
• Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Additional experience with a CRM platform(s) preferred
• Candidate should be very organized and efficient with time and task management
• High-level problem solving and written/verbal communication skills are a must to succeed