People who live, work and play in Uptown will soon have a healthy grab-and-go café in the mix.
Why it matters: Uptown is thriving — a stark contrast to the last two years of the pandemic.
- Cruz and Johnson say they want to be a part of that revival. “Uptown was dead for a long time,” Johnson said. “We’re going to be part of the new change,” Cruz added.
- Of note: The business partners are also behind Drip Joint, the espresso pop-up bar often stationed in Uptown.
- There’s seating for about 30 people inside, but for the most part, it caters to commuters on the go. “It’ll have more of a takeout vibe,” Johnson said.
- It’s open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm.
The menu: Cruz is designing a healthy menu, including paninis, açai bowls and smoothies.
- Plus: Cruz, who’s originally from Mexico, says he’ll bring the “Latin flair” with horchata and Cuban sandwiches. Eventually, he plans on adding tortas, tres leches cake and choco flan cake to the menu.
What’s next: The duo hopes to collaborate with a local plant shop so customers can also buy plants inside Arbol.
- They also hope to host events outside the Carillon courtyard, including pop-up events with Drip Joint.