Operations Supervisor, Fort Mill/Rock Hill/Lancaster
CEENTA is looking for an experienced healthcare leader to join our team in South Carolina! The Operations Supervisor supports the Operations Manager through collaborative management of clinic operations and staff to ensure effective, efficient delivery of high-quality patient care and an excellent patient experience at our Fort Mill, Rock Hill, and Lancaster offices.
• Actively supervise clinical and non-clinical staff & patient services for 1 or more locations with more than 50,000 encounters per year &/or 9+ providers to ensure the effective, efficient delivery of high quality patient care
• Supervise clinic staff, including:
• Developing & disseminating schedules
• Managing time & attendance in the HRIS system, as well as analyzing reports to ensure adherence to company policies and staffing optimization
• Assisting with performance management, to include coaching and corrective action as needed
• Identifying individual growth and development opportunities to positively impact employee engagement, performance, and retention
• Assist with managing provider schedules in the EHR system
• Monitor applicable dashboards, reports, messages, & workqueues in the EHR system as assigned to optimize clinic operations
• Assist with managing administrative & clinical inventory, including
• Decrementing and receiving the inventory using the approved Purchasing workflow/process as provided by the Purchasing Department
• Maintaining direct knowledge of the clinical supplies and medications in the corresponding location(s)
• Partnering with providers and staff for successful and timely ordering
• Establishing the workflow, training staff, and holding staff accountable to ensure timely supply submission and receipt
• Collaborating with the Purchasing Department to streamline ordering processes to include setting Par levels, identifying where supplies are stored, and where and how they are delivered
• Stocking central supply and assigning the appropriate clinical staff to ensure rooms are appropriately stocked to the room specific PAR daily
• Working with providers and the Purchasing Department on special projects as identified by Senior Leadership (such as establishing standards for supply ordering by specialty)
• Assist with ordering administrative & clinical (medical & pharmacological) supplies through the CEENTA delineated Purchasing System as defined by the Purchasing Department and ultimately the Finance Department
• Assist with managing facility & equipment maintenance & repairs in collaboration with CEENTA leaders and staff using defined workflows
• Assist with the operational aspects of provider on & off boarding
• Assist with daily clinic functions as needed
• Support the Operations Manager with meeting financial objectives as outlined by Executive Leadership; examples include:
• Reviewing monthly Profit and Loss statements
• Establishing methods to meet or exceed budgeted visit volume, staff allocation, &/or revenue
• Maximizing the collection of patient payments
• Upholding financial policies and procedures through staff accountability and patient education
• Facilitating the annual strategic budgetary process, forecasting need for capital equipment, staff, etc
• Identifying innovative revenue-generating or cost-saving measures
• Charge capture for identified provider services
• Maintain patient relations by rounding in patient reception and waiting areas and promptly and appropriately responding to questions or concerns, escalating to the Operations Manager as needed
• Document patient concerns into the electronic monitoring system
• Promote technological offerings that enhance the patient experience, such as CEENTA’s patient portal and online scheduling
• Collaborate with providers and staff to enhance the patient experience, including training and coaching on patient experience objectives
Training and communication
• Ensure all staff are trained and up to date on company Policies and Procedures
• Collaborate with clinical team leads to enforce safety & compliance protocols
• Ensure staff are compliant updating certifications & completing annual required training as applicable
• Train staff on new & existing workflows, including reinforcing EHR system procedures
• Assist with onboarding & training for new employees
• Engage in regular communication with staff, including participation in one on ones and monthly staff meetings with the Operations Manager
• Support Operations Manager in maintaining provider relationships through open communication regarding clinic considerations and organizational updates
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and abilities:
• Must be able to manage and foster a team environment
• Must have willingness to accept change, new processes and methods for continuous improvement to ensure quality and efficient operations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Proficient in Electronic Medical Record systems
• Ability to communicate effectively & professionally (written and verbal)
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Building Patient Loyalty – Effectively meeting patient needs; building productive patient relationships; taking responsibility for patient satisfaction and loyalty.
• Building Positive Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Initiative – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Attention to Detail – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Operations Supervisor impacts CEENTA’s ability to achieve its mission by supporting the Operations Manager through collaborative management of clinic operations and staff to ensure effective, efficient delivery of high-quality patient care and an excellent patient experience.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
One to three years’ supervisory experience in a medical office setting preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
Certifications, licenses, or registrations a plus.
• 6-8 weeks of on the job training with the Operations Manger
• Supply Ordering Training with the Purchasing Department; mandatory refresher training to occur biannually
• EHR training will be provided
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Operations Supervisor functions in a multi-specialty clinic or clinics with high patient volume. This role may be exposed to contagious or infectious diseases, and therefore, may be required to wear personal protective equipment at times. This position routinely uses standard office equipment, including computers and multi-line telephones.