The Gaston Community Foundation strengthens our county by providing quality services to donors and leadership on community issues. The Foundation’s vision is to be the leader of philanthropic giving by connecting donors with community needs to enhance the lives of present and future generations.
The Communications/Office Administrator is a full-time, in-office position. Normal hours for the position are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasional assignments prior to or after standard 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours.
About the position:
• Manage social media accounts, e-newsletter, website and marking materials
• Maintain inventory of office supplies
• Daily operational support
• Manage Foundation’s Benefactors’ program and Teens Changing Gaston County
• Coordinate with office vendors/support
• Social media savvy
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with technology (constant contact, Microsoft office suite, website management)
• Desires to work as part of a team
• Interested in the community and nonprofits
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Minimum requirement two-year college diploma or prior experience with communication/office administration
• A plus: Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred including but not limited to InDesign, Spark, Photoshop, and illustrator
Competitive salary, excellent benefits to include holidays/vacation, medical/dental, and retirement program.
$35,000 to $45,000 (commensurate with experience)
The Gaston Community Foundation values diversity and inclusion; therefore, we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our community.