It’s the crossover we didn’t know we needed – an art gallery inside of a nightclub.
Owner Noi Chanthavong says the concept of Bazal came to fruition unintentionally while he was casually inquiring about the space. It’s where Butter, one of Charlotte’s most exclusive nightclubs, used to be.
- “At that time, that was like, the greatest thing that ever came to Charlotte and really helped to elevate the nightlife experience,” says Chanthavong, and he hopes Bazal will have a similar impact on Charlotte’s nightlife.
Why it matters: Chanthavong wants Bazal to be more than just a nightclub. For him, he says it’s about creating access for people. Access to art, fashion shows, and partnership events with the surrounding tenants of the Music Factory.
- “I wanted to bring MoMa to Charlotte.”
What to expect: Bazal has two distinct spaces: The Gallery and The Nightclub.
In The Gallery, the vibe is light and ethereal with downtempo chill music playing in the background.
- There’s art from both local and national artists that will rotate out quarterly.
- For drinks, there will be craft cocktails and a high-end selection of liquors.
The Nightclub, however, is the complete opposite of what you’ll see upstairs. As Chanthavong puts it, “If the upstairs is heaven, then this is hell.”
- The vibe is dark yet regal – resembling a Vegas big-room, nightclub. For music, top-40 hip-hop will be on full blast down here.
- Even the bar program will be different from upstairs. Downstairs is where you can order your vodka Redbull.
The best part? If Bazal isn’t your vibe, a shuttle will be running between Bazal and QC Social – his other nightlife concept.
How it works: Bazal is a private member club, so memberships will be required for entry. Additional information will go live on Bazal’s website soon, but you can sign up for a complimentary membership in advance.
- Guests can make table reservations for VIP table service on the club level.
- The space will be available for rental for special occasions, group events, corporate events and weddings.
- Hours are being solidified but the gallery space will be open during the weekdays for gallery hours where guests can enjoy and drink and admire the art.
- And if you’re in the market for art, all pieces on display will be for sale.
Location: Bazal is located at 950 North Carolina Music Factory Blvd.
Here’s a look around the gallery space.
And the lower-level club space.