The Offsite Coordinator is responsible for coordinating daily activities, overseeing collections, and coordinating physical and electronic delivery services of materials stored at the library’s Offsite Storage Facility located in Concord, North Carolina, approximately 15 minutes from the UNC Charlotte campus.
Completion of high school and two years experience in office support, preferably as a library technician in a library, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Graduation from a four-year college or university; or high school and four years of library experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential job duties:
• Acts as the primary point of contact for Atkins Building Operations by monitoring and reporting problems with systems related to the physical building
• Coordinates daily activities and oversees collections at the library’s Offsite facility
• Completes daily deliveries between Offsite facility and Atkins Library
• Retrieves and scans material to fulfill patron physical holds or interlibrary loan scanning requests
• Hires, trains, and supervises student or part-time employees working at Offsite
Experience, skills, training and education:
• Experience working in or managing a library branch location, offsite facility, or warehouse
• Familiarity or experience with processes related to library physical collections, including retrievals, shelving, delivery, inventory control, collection shifts, space needs, and policies and procedures
• Some supervisory experience desired