Presented by the Charlotte Knights. Whether you’re hanging with your BFF or the whole crew, a Knights game is the move. Cheers to skyline views, local brews and home runs.
Dates are not exclusively for significant others, they can be for your friends too! Here are nine things you can do in Charlotte with your best friends.
(1) Compete at Victory Lanes
If you enjoy a little competition then this is the place for you. Challenge your friends with go-karts, bowling, ax throwing, virtual reality, or arcade games. After a few intense games, head over to the bar for cocktails or a tasty bite.
- Axios tip: One free race is available if you’re celebrating a birthday with an annual race license.
(2) Light up your friendship at Paddywax Candle Bar
The fragrance of spring is in the air as well as new scents for candle making. Book a workshop to craft a candle to take home. Candles are available to purchase upon request. Plant potting workshops are also available.
- Axios tip: At-home candle kits are available to purchase online and in-store.
(3) Get nostalgic at Home of the 90s Museum CLT
If you ever find yourself reminiscing over shows or movies that you enjoyed as a child then this place makes for more than just a conversation starter. Take a picture for Instagram in front of local artwork.
- Axios tip: Groups of 10 or more can receive a special discount when you book in advance.
- Heads up: You’re going to have to drive out of the city for this experience since it’s in Concord.
(4) Grab a hotdog and a beer at a Charlotte Knight’s Baseball Game
Whether you’re hanging out with one best friend or the whole group, watching a game at Truist Field will cater to everyone’s idea of fun—even if you don’t love sports. With great food and beer from local vendors, you’ll definitely knock it out of the park with this one.
- Axios tip: Check out the highlighted game nights that offer fireworks, discounted drinks, or souvenirs.
(5) Picnic in style with Styled by Saint Fort
Owner Toanna Gelin will create an aesthetically pleasing picnic with a rug, pillows, a low table, and games. After you’re done, she’ll handle the clean-up.
- Axios tip: This would be the perfect date to take pictures for Instagram.
(6) Immerse yourself with The Art of Banksy
The touring art show is making quite the impression on many locals in Charlotte with all the thought-provoking pieces. The experience holds more than 155 art pieces in the form of prints, murals, photos and sculptures.
- Axios tip: Parking directly at the venue is specifically for staff but you can still park close by.
- Heads up: The exhibit’s last day in Charlotte will be May 29.
(7) Get active at The U.S. National Whitewater Center
This is for all the friends that enjoy going out and getting physical. Spend an entire day outside on the water through whitewater rafting and kayaking, or rock climbing over deep water. Challenge the group to face their fears in the air through zip-lining, hawk jumps, obstacle courses on the ropes, or bouldering. Land activities include ice skating, biking, yoga, and hiking.
- Axios tip: Take a look at the schedule to plan to go on a day with events or live music.
(8) Get matching succulents at Plant House
Get your hands dirty by creating a terrarium with your bestie through a workshop class. A few decor items include everything from nautical to dried florals. Reservations are recommended for workshop classes with a group.
- Axios tip: Receive 10% off workshops if you sign up with your email. Also view the calendar for events with themed classes.
(9) Take a swing at Puttery
Enjoy a modern take on putt-putt with high-tech gameplay and unique golf courses. Enhance the experience with a crafted cocktail from one of two bars.
- Axios tip: Make reservations to lock in a 90-minute tee time slot because the weekends can be busy.
Axios Charlotte thanks our partners for supporting our content. Sponsorship has no influence on editorial content.