Front-End Web Developer (inactive)
(This job posting is inactive.)
Corporate Communications & Marketing (CC&M) is seeking an innovative and talented web developer to join our team. This position will be primarily responsible for interpreting design, content management and improving the overall user experience for visitors to the City of Charlotte’s website. The successful candidate will help establish the City’s next-generation generation website, a high-priority project which is currently underway. This position reports to the Corporate Web Manager.
- Creates and modifies layout templates and styles for a content management system (currently SharePoint 2013).
- Tests and develops for accessibility compliance, cross-browser, platform and devices (new browsers and backward compatibility to IE8).
- Conducts observational testing and reviewing design for usability.
- Assists with setting standards and creating best practice guidelines for internal users, and ensures site-wide content conforms to established standards.
- Builds individual goals and key targets, contributing to those of the team, that are measurable for completion and effectiveness.
- Coordinates with departments across the City to improve the website through streamlined and automated management of the system.
- Interacts with a web host provider for issues discovered or reported, and manages those work items to completion.
- Reviews and reports web metrics.
- Keeps up with the latest trends in web development, sharing those with the team and implementing where appropriate.
- Reviews content managed by CC&M to ensure the information is accurate and timely.
- Supports and advocates CC&M’s vision.
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science, visual communications or other degree considered with experience and/or portfolio).
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Experience with a Content Management System, SharePoint 2010 or 2013 for an anonymous access/public-facing website a plus.
- Understanding of the UX experience (design skills a plus).
- Experience in Agile development a plus.
- Demonstrated self-initiator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve with a solutions-oriented, team-based approach.
- Desire to learn new skills and is comfortable tackling several parts or functions of a website.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as needed including nights, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
Go to the City of Charlotte’s job application site. You MUST apply at this site in order to be considered. The job title is: Content Webmaster, and has an open date of 11/25/2015.