Head Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach / Girls’ Basketball Program Head
Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for a Head Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach/ Girls’ Basketball Program Head to begin work Summer 2022. This is a part-time, year-round position with hours varying according to the season. In-season work consists mostly of afternoon and evening practices and competitions. Occasional weekend work is also required. Out of season responsibilities are more limited in terms of time commitment generally more flexible in terms of schedule. Formal practice for the Winter 22-23 season will begin on Monday, October 31 st , 2022. Work required to prepare for the season will begin at mutually agreeable date later this spring or early this summer.
The Head Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach/Girls’ Basketball Program Head will join an athletics program that includes 26 varsity sports, most of which have both junior varsity and middle school counterparts. The Girls’ Basketball program includes for teams – varsity, junior varsity, 8 th grade, and 7 th grade. The head varsity girls’ basketball coach/ girls’ basketball program head is directly responsible for coaching the varsity team as well as for the oversight and coordination of the entire program.
• Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during all team activities
• Development of a long-term girls’ basketball vision, plan, and teaching curriculum
• Ongoing hiring, management and evaluation of girls’ basketball program coaching staff
• Development and oversight of the girls’ basketball program budget
• Development of girls’ basketball practice and competition schedules, including summer activities
• Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel
• Regular communication with team parents and athletics program staff regarding team activities
• Attendance at required team and interscholastic athletics program meetings
• Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
• Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes
• Compliance with all Charlotte Country Day School, North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association, and Charlotte Independent Schools Athletic Association policies and procedures
Requirements and qualifications:
• Successful candidates must have a least a bachelor’s degree
• Experience coaching basketball at the high school, travel, or collegiate level
• First Aid and CPR certification
• Must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting
• Vision and creativity
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Employment is contingent upon an approved criminal background check
• Candidates must be willing to pursue a certification from National Federation of State High School Associations (CIC – Certified Interscholastic Coach or AIC – Accredited Interscholastic Coach) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with Endorsements of P (passenger) and S (school
Compensation and benefits:
Charlotte Country Day School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding coaching candidates who will add to the racial, cultural and gender diversity of our school community. We offer a salary schedule that compares favorably with those of peer schools locally, regionally, and nationwide.
Charlotte Country Day School was founded in 1941, and currently enrolls approximately 1,725 students in grades JK through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. The School’s mission and the shared commitment of all Charlotte Country Day employees is to develop the potential of each student by fostering intellectual curiosity, principled charter, ethical leadership, and a responsibility to serve.
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.