Assistant Director of Creative Services
The Assistant Director of Creative Services oversees and supports design services for departments, programs, and facilities for the seven (7) departments of Enrollment Management and key Academic Affairs partners. The Assistant Director will design and produce print, digital, and social marketing materials including but not limited to posters, flyers, digital signage, brochures, newsletters, advertisements, displays, banners, logos, promotional items, and web assets. Assets produced should align with the University brand.
• Hands-on creation of a variety of design assets
• Designs and produces print, digital, video, and social marketing materials
• Advises staff partners and internal clients on best design practices and visual solutions
• Collaborates on visual campaigns and multi-faceted design projects, including establishing and maintaining project deadlines and working with third-party vendors as needed
• Ensure produced assets align with the University brand
• May train and supervise student staff and participate on various projects and committees as directed
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalency and two years of visual/graphic arts experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Four-year degree in Visual Arts or high school and four years of visual/graphic arts experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) in a Mac environment
• Commitment to customer service, diversity, and teamwork
• Understanding of digital marketing techniques, including social media, web, and video
• Experience in higher education and/or working with students is a plus
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.