The custom Lake Wylie home was designed by its current owner interior designer Lynn Blackwell.
The address is 2178 Sandlapper Drive (York, SC) and it’s listed for $2.7M. At 5,979 square feet, the house has four bedrooms and four bathrooms.
Design: With its cedar shake siding, long lazy porches and expansive waterfront views, it’s no surprise this house landed a cover in Southern Home Magazine.
- The blend of exposed stone accent walls, shiplap ceilings and White Oak floors helps strike the right balance of contemporary and timeless.
- The coastal-inspired color scheme and mix of wood, wicker and upholstered furniture tastefully plays right into the hallmarks of popular grandmillennial and cottagecore styles. It feels curated and comfortable, warm but not worn out.
Outdoor living: The waterfront spans two sides of the home, and there’s wrap-around stone patio so you can take in the view.
- There’s also a private beach and dock for swimming and boating.
My thought bubble: The little details are what makes this nearly 6,000 square foot multi-million dollar home feel approachable.
- For example, the copper pots hanging over the island and giant, worn bread board leaning by the window make the kitchen feel like a real workspace.
- You’ll notice a lot of the seating areas and dining spaces are arranged in a circle, which signals these spaces are meant for gathering, relaxing and connecting with others. It also makes a large space feel intimate.
Bottom line: Nancy Myers if you’re reading this, we found your next movie setting.
Here’s a look around.
Photos: Jeff Sochko, courtesy of Meghan Reynolds