Towne & Reese launched its first collection of jewelry in 2010 to independent retailers at the Atlanta Gift Market. The brand quickly gained momentum and became known for its trendy yet affordable pieces. After focusing on the independent retailers for many seasons, Towne & Reese began selling to department stores in 2014. The business has evolved to include jewelry, soft goods (scarves, ponchos, etc) and activewear and now focuses solely on department stores and key account businesses with the majority being under private label brands. Towne & Reese produces roughly 250 skus each month for these different brands. We are looking to hire a Junior Designer who would work with our Lead Designer and Production Team to develop a portion of these skus – primarily related to the Towne & Reese jewelry business.
The Junior Designer will work with the Lead Designer to help develop new jewelry styles for each season. They will be involved in all aspects of the design process including, but not limited to, design inspiration, CAD development and technical specs, factory communication and presentation preparation. This person needs to have a keen sense of design and detail as well as have strong communication skills and be comfortable multitasking and working under tight timelines.
• 1-2 years in design role
• Fluent in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Knowledge of fashion jewelry materials and design
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in communicating with overseas factories (ideal but not mandatory)
• Demonstrates initiative and assertiveness and is ready to take on any assignments, while working as part of a team
• Willingness to learn and be flexible