Epic Operational Database Administrator
The Epic ODBA provides support including, planning, deploying, troubleshooting and maintenance in all aspects of the Epic EMR system. The Epic ODBA will be required to perform entry level to moderate technical and administrative tasks.
• Ensuring the security and efficiency of the Epic database and servers
• Monitoring Epic system performance and troubleshooting issues
• Collecting and analyzing data to forecast system needs before issues arise
• Identifying issues and implementing plans for remediation before the issues negatively impact the business
• Performing Epic database administration tasks
• Performing software updates
• Installing and configuring software and hardware on physical and virtual systems
• The ability to read and write instructions in English, see, hear, operate a computer, comprehend and then carry out directives when instructed
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and abilities:
• Proficient with operating within a CLI interface environment
• Proficient with the installation and configuration of virtual servers
• Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• Analysis – Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation
• Cooperation – Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes
• Coordinating – Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels
• Customer Service Orientation – Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers
• Dependability – Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management’s policies and procedures
• Planning – Develops plans that are aligned with corporate policies and budgets
• Relationships – Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others
Employee is expected to have a certain level of aptitude and experience to perform the job duties as outlined in the Essential Job Functions section. The Information Technology field is constantly changing, and it is expected that the Epic ODBA will use the resources available (both internal and external, free and paid) to obtain additional training necessary to keep up with current technology. It is expected that after one year in the position the employee will be proficient in the role of Epic ODBA.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Epic ODBA plays a critical role to ensure that Epic server systems are ready and available to enable providers to efficiently care for patients.
Associate Degree in Business or IT related field or higher
Experience with Red Hat Linux or similar flavors of Linux/Unix