Financial Reporting Analyst
The Financial Reporting Analyst will join a dynamic and growing Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team that works cross-functionally within the organization, specifically but not limited to finance, product management, sales & marketing, supply chain and IT, to produce and deliver decision-quality analytical reports to the senior leadership team. This position will perform quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis to derive insights on business performance, trends, operational risk, and growth opportunities.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for developing automated, routine reporting and support ad-hoc requests for information and analysis. The candidate will understand internal information systems, relational databases and knowledge of how to use various BI tools to access multiple information sources for analytical purposes. The candidate should have proven background in reporting or analysis. In addition to regular reporting, the Financial Reporting Analyst will respond to ad-hoc requests for information by asking pertinent, clarifying questions, identifying the relevant data needed to satisfy the request and presenting the information to the requester in a clear and concise manner. The Financial Reporting Analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple areas of finance including FP&A, investor relations, public reporting, and corporate development.
The Financial Reporting Analyst should have a basic understanding of financial acumen with superb attention to detail. This position requires a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high energy environment. Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to be a team player are key attributes to be successful in this position.
• Own the internal reporting function in the business, including sales, gross margin, customer metrics, public company KPIs, etc
• Identify and prioritize reporting needs, act as a data expert covering specific topics and provide insight for senior leadership and board level reporting
• Partner with finance peers and the data services / IT functions to ensure data integrity and deliver and maintain analytical tools for use in decision support
• Responsible for consulting with business leaders to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into actionable reporting and recommendations
• Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgment
• Assist in development and cascading of budget and financial forecasts
• Serve as the primary contact for data and access requests
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of relevant experience within Data Analytics, Financial Reporting or FP&A
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Experience in data analysis and financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
• Experience and/or personal interest in technology
• Experience using SQL and relational databases, specifically, extracting data with complex queries
• Experience with building reports in analytical and reporting software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.