Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are excited to be growing our Talent Acquisition Team to support the growth of our organization! This role requires strong relationship-building skills, the ability to manage your time to meet competing priorities, and strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate for this role will have full cycle recruitment experience in recruiting for retail and/or warehouse/production positions. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will partner with our Donated Goods Retail Management teams to screen frontline and hourly management candidates to meet their staffing needs. There is also a coaching element to this role to help bring our business partners along as we continue to develop and execute on our organizational Talent Acquisition Strategy in promoting GISP as a First Choice Employer. This is a hybrid role, primarily working from home, but may have in-person obligations 1-2 times per week to assist with New Hire Onboarding and Recruitment events, either at GISP work locations our out in the community.
• Facilitates and implements all phases of the recruitment process
• Provides professional and positive guidance to hiring managers regarding the hiring and onboarding process including troubleshooting support for the ATS
• Sources and recruits candidates by using databases, social media, etc
• Maintains job postings and advertisement processes
• Partners with hiring teams to identify qualifying knowledge, skills, and abilities for candidates to be successful in the various roles
• Screens applications and resumes for identifying a pool of viable candidates that directly correlate to established criteria
• Conducts screening interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools and methods to filter candidates. Promotes Goodwill of the Southern Piedmont as a first choice employer
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
• Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing and updates hiring manager on final candidates’ hire status
• Coordinates New Hire Orientation with hiring managers, and provides instructions and confirms attendance for new hires
• Conducts new hire paperwork for new team members
• Utilize data, analytics, and feedback to identify trends, and completes regular reports on employment activity
• Works with managers to facilitate Goodwills onboarding procedures for new hires
• Champions the new hire training process through the completion of onboarding checklists to ensure team members are receiving appropriate orientation in their work area and the organization
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
• Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions
• Contributes to Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont’s recruitment strategy
• Actively works to build and maintain positive, professional working relationships with HR team, leadership and hiring managers, team members, and potential team members to promote first choice employer strategy
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and at least three years of full-cycle recruitment experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics. Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles. Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of retail required skill set, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
Certificates, licenses and registration:
PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification preferred but not required.
Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish proficiently is preferred but not required.