Partnerships and Event Coordinator
Habitat Charlotte Regions Partnerships and Event Coordinator provide comprehensive administrative assistance to the Partnerships team, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, and donor stewardship efforts. This position will also plan and coordinate all fundraising events for the Development department, as well as other special events as needed. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
Working to build homes, communities and hope in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region has partnered with more than 3,000 families since 1983. This year, we will help over 300 families through new home construction, recycling existing homes, critical home repair projects and financial literacy training. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading nonprofit organization in the field of affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region offers competitive wages and a great affordable benefits package. Pay as little as $28 per month for health insurance! Complimentary vision, short & long-term disability and life/AD&D. Dental and FSA accounts also available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and part time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for full-time team members.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and clean background check is required.
• Provide general clerical support to the Partnerships team in a variety of ways, such as drafting proposals, proof-reading, scheduling meetings and calls, preparing agendas, and tracking of programs and schedules
• Research new fundraising opportunities and prospects, drafting donor and funding profiles
• Gather information for development of concept notes and proposals
• Create high-quality, tailored presentations and other documents as requested
• Assist fundraisers with the planning, strategy and implementation of stewardship activities and ongoing communications with organizational partners
• Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to develop impactful content and data to support the needs of the Partnerships team
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor database records, generate reports and lists to support Partnerships teams priorities
• Lead planning and execution of key affiliate donor events throughout the year. Responsibilities may include project management and event budgeting, liaising with special events committees, coordinating with Marketing & Communications to develop and execute comprehensive messaging strategy, and oversight of all necessary event logistics
• Support other affiliate events as needed
Skills and experience:
• A team player who is detail-oriented, takes initiative and has strong problem-solving instincts with a desire to learn
• 2-3 years of professional experience in administration or event management
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to collaborate with team members across all levels of the organization
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Consistent and reliable attendance with ability to work on-site as needed
• Commitment to Habitats mission with a willingness to adhere to Habitats Code of Conduct policies and other policies
• Demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude when interacting with colleagues, Habitat partner families, community partners, volunteers, and others you come in contact with, ensuring teamwork, engagement and motivation of others
• Experience with relational databases (Salesforce or Raisers Edge, preferably)
• Ability to work in an office environment as needed which requires the ability to speak, hear, with the visual and manual dexterity to manage papers, reports, and typing/ten-key
• Must embody the capacity to maintain the following for several hours at a time: use of a personal computer or similar technology, phone, sitting as required
• Ability to read documents and correspondence
• Ability to communicate in person, over the phone and/or via computer
• Lift, move and set up onboarding materials or other special employee events materials, which includes but is not limited to lifting up to 20lbs unassisted, stooping, kneeling, bending with the visual and manual dexterity to manage cords, connections, and other equipment
• Travel between locations within the affiliates service area as needed
Additional time commitment:
This position will need to be flexible to work some evenings and weekends – when needed and with proper notice – to support Development and affiliate-wide initiatives.