Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport enables clients to facilitate digital payments and control their curbsides through a mobility software platform. Trusted by 1,000 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Rho Capital Partners, H.I.G. Growth Partners, ThornTree Capital Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
The Payments Manager is an integral role across the Passport organization. This role has accountability for design, managing and executing payments-related services for our clients using Passport merchant services (i.e. sub-merchants). This role reports directly to the Vice President of Accounting and acts as the primary liaison to the cross-functional Passport teams in supporting payments policies and services to our clients.
The Payment Manager is responsible for executing the daily/monthly settlement process with sub-merchants, settlement reconciliations as well as out of balance investigation and resolution. The Payments Manager will work cross-functionally to ensure all policies & procedures in the Payments Policy Guide are implemented and executed in the boarding and monitoring of all sub-merchants.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute your knowledge & expertise of integrated payment solutions to a fast-growing company with a dynamic work environment.
This position works under the direction of the Vice President of Accounting and often works cross-functionally as the payments representative across various functional owners.
• Ensure Daily/Monthly sub-merchant settlement is executed timely and accurately
• Executes daily reconciliation of sub-merchant settlement process to bank accounts and Passport general ledger
• Monitors out-of-balance reporting and resolve any issues that arise
• Oversees Client Alert/Notification processes in case of outages or impacts to regularly scheduled activity
• Responsible for RCA (root cause analysis) development and tracking of merchant operational items
• Responsible for supporting Passport customer service personnel on inquiries and tickets related to the payments service and/or reporting
• Implements and executes a sub-merchant monitoring practice supporting the Payments Policy Guide (i.e., daily, monthly monitoring and periodic review process)
• Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement in the payments service delivery to sub-merchants. Example areas to monitor and find opportunities: chargeback/disputes, interchange rates, Worldpay processing costs
• Ensures a record keeping practice and control infrastructure is in place that supports the Payments Policy Guide and evolves as required
Worldpay vendor manager (including vendors integrated with Worldpay)
• Responsible for Vendor Management of Worldpay and Finix; track KPIs and escalate any violations of contractual obligations
• Participates in QA testing on all systems and process flows changes
• Represents Passport to Worldpay (and vice versa) on tactical issues and requests related to payments products & services
• Coordinates quarterly and annual review meetings
• Develops expertise of Worldpay’s capabilities and solutions for Passport
• Escalates issues up to Vice President of Accounting as needed
• Continually develops and oversees that the appropriate forms and process flows are in place to board sub-merchants
• Builds out and monitors the sub-merchant pricing tables in the payments onboarding tool by product and channel
You are an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, always thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead. You are passionate about Passport and the future of our business. You enjoy finding solutions and improvements, work effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You constantly set the bar high with your daily work and your project portfolio, and then raise the bar higher. You always hit your deadlines. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions.
You obsess over the details. You blend technical ability with business acumen. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives. You will have the opportunity to wear several hats, and you should be comfortable learning new things and taking on new responsibilities.
You are incredibly organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your business strategy. You have a knack for connecting the dots across multiple things and ensuring they are in sync. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization.
• Problem solver, takes initiative and ownership
• Solid communication skills
• Project management skills
• Proficient in MS Office/G-Suite
• Minimum 5-years payments experience required, preferably with a merchant acquirer/processor and in a product or operations role
• Working knowledge of the credit/debit card ecosystem
• Working knowledge of the ACH ecosystem
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.