Fast Growing Trees is the world’s largest online nursery and one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in America. We are committed to enabling people to live better, live greener, and truly enjoy being home…one tree at a time. Founded in 2005, we have served over 1 million customers and continue to expand our reach, market leadership position, and accelerate our growth within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for leaders who want to create change and make a positive difference every day.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Accounting Senior to help us in our next phase of growth. This role ensures efficient and accurate recording and reconciling of financial transactions and will be responsible for the month-end close (including financial reporting) as well as other general accounting functions. In addition, the Accounting Senior contributes to monthly and annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
The Accounting Senior will work within the Accounting and Finance Department as a key liaison with internal business leaders across several functions and must be a good team player. This person will also bring a consistent focus on process improvement and a desire to develop and execute a plan to streamline and automate key accounting functions.
This role is perfect for a passionate accountant who takes pride in their work and is looking to make a big impact in a fast-growing eCommerce company.
• Own the month-end close processes; partner with marketing, payroll, purchasing, IT and other departments to understand financial results and capture information needed
• Work smarter through automation, software implementation, and other efficiency objectives
• Data entry in QuickBooks online and Bill.com (we have an accounting specialist for support)
• Weekly, and monthly transaction and account reconciliations
• Review bi-weekly payroll processing
• Prepare the month end reporting package for senior leadership
• Assist with set up and processing of weekly payments through Bill.com
• Perform critical analysis of results to company budgets, forecasts and PY (P&L, BS, Capital, Capex and Cash Flow) to ensure accuracy and communicate variances to management
• Assist with interim and annual audits as needed
• Implement and maintain adequate and effective internal controls, including controls over financial reporting and cash management
• Manage year-end procedures, including audit and tax
• Drive analytics to identify business issues and opportunities
• Implement process improvements to reporting and analysis
• Seek opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy through a documented process improvement
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA candidate preferred
• 2-5 years of applicable experience
• Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles and concepts, SEC reporting will be an advantage
• Ability to learn new software analytical tools (i.e. Hyperion, E-Search & View, Monarch, Lawson Query,); experience with implementation of accounting/reporting systems a plus
• Growth mindset and desire to constantly improve through daily habits and iterations
• Very detail-oriented and high information accuracy rate
• Be intellectually curious and initiate new ideas and processes
• Flexible and able to pivot in a fast-paced environment where prioritization is critical
• Experience with Quickbooks Online a plus
• Experience in eCommerce environment preferred
• Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex ideas for greater understanding
• Love of standard operating procedures and a well thought out process
• High competency (intermediate-advanced) skills in Excel (Tableau experience a plus)