Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will administer programs and initiatives to advance the Foundation’s equity and inclusion (DEI) objectives. Prepares materials for, and participates in, cross-cultures DEI presentations, training, and communications. This role will work closely with the Equity Change Team and demonstrate commitment to DEI.
• Work closely with the Equity Change Team and DEI Consultant and drive initiatives and deliverables across the organization
• Develop, implement and facilitate aligned DEI efforts internally and externally
• Serve as the Project Coordinator on DEI initiative progress, track deadlines and escalate issues when needed
• Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the FFTC’s DEI commitment
• Review and capture discretionary grantmaking impact
• Serve as a relationship manager for Foundation For Black Philanthropy, supporting donor and fund development
• Collect and analyze statistical data to evaluate the population in accordance with diversity standards
• Implement reports and metrics to measure FFTC’s DEI goals & initiatives
• Assist HR on current trends and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds
• Coordinate internal programs (LFC/RMJJ) with outside partners and staff
• Research, recommend, and execute creative programs to foster FFTC’s diversity goals
• Provide guidance in developing objective performance goals for the organization, departments and/or individuals
• Maintain knowledge of diversity-related issues and best practices across sectors at the local, regional, and national level
• Develop and/or acquire DEI training to FFTC staff in coordination with the Equity Change Team
• Cross-functional work between departments
• Prepare materials for meetings, follow ups, deadlines and reporting metrics
• Act as a culture champion for inclusivity, providing various resources for employee engagement
• Coordinating Affinity Groups, as requested
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelors degree is recommended, and/or, at least five years of related experience required; with at least three years specializing in diversity programs.
• Strong speaking and presentation skills
• Be open to and manage team members at different points on the implicit and explicit bias continuum
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another
Proof of fully authorized vaccinated Covid-19 status and booster are required (or FFTC authorized religious or disability accommodation).