Team Success Manager
Next Stage was founded in 2014 to work “at the nexus of social good.” Guided by a core set of values, the firm is a social enterprise that partners with the private sector, public sector and nonprofits to advance a more equitable, engaged and prosperous community. The firm works throughout the Carolinas with a large percentage of its work in its headquarters city of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Next Stage brings much experience in helping private sector companies and nonprofit organizations define their values and guiding principles, and then use them to strengthen processes and launch new strategies. Core services include strategic planning, ESG/social responsibility planning, community engagement, marketing planning and implementation, and resource development planning and execution. Next Stage aspires to build lasting relationships with its clients, providing facilitation and project support throughout the organizational lifecycle.
To learn more about our work, please visit nextstage-consulting.com/
Next Stage has accomplished much in the 8 years since it was founded, including nearly 200 client engagements. In 2021, the firm published Profit & Purpose, believed to be the country’s most in-depth examination of the intersection of nonprofits and the private sector. This year, Next Stage is launching a social learning platform called Cultivate, a reimagining of the firm’s popular incubator for emerging organizations launched in 2018.
These overlapping initiatives have created opportunities for staffing growth and the time has come to source a professional to support the firm’s work behind the scenes to help implement and optimize all aspects of our client-facing and internal processes.
Next Stage is seeking a Team Success Manager to join a team of strategy, marketing and community engagement professionals serving corporate and nonprofit changemakers in Charlotte and across the Southeast.
This full-time salaried role is ideal for someone with 5-7+ years of experience in a performance consulting, marketing, digital or ad agency working in a project management or operations-based role.
• Support staff team in optimizing and delivering project management excellence across firm marketing, new business, client management and community engagement
• Firm and client portfolio management including proposal development, estimating, writing, editing, proofreading, scheduling and supporting team in maintaining current project status tracking and capacity planning
• Survey design, implementation and analysis for client and thought leadership efforts
• Oversight and daily maintenance of business systems including Asana cloud-based project management and Insightly constituent relationship management
• Contractor relationship management and support, including the maintenance of an up-to-date database of contractors by specialty
• Past client follow-up including surveying and testimonial requests
• Collaboration with the Next Stage team in the development, management and marketing of Cultivate, the firm’s new Mighty Network social learning platform
• Perform research to support marketing and new business development efforts, sourcing information about prospective clients, professional associations, speaking opportunities and information channels
• Source information to inform community engagement efforts including the development of research profiles on leaders, organizations, businesses, neighborhood groups, and faith institutions
• Conduct comparative, trend and prospect research to support client engagements
• Stay contemporary with Next Stage’s technology and business systems
• In all cases providing thoughtful evaluation and recommendations to team members
• Responsible for office, event and meeting coordination including scheduling meetings, calendar coordination, room reservations and pre-and post-event coordination and communications
• Participate in weekly team meetings and share progress on internal and external projects
• Engage with staff and contractors to advance client work and firmwide initiatives
• Champion productivity best practices methods and resources to ensure team synergy and transparency
Required qualifications and competencies:
• 5-7+ years of experience in a performance consulting, marketing, digital or ad agency working in a project management or operations-based role
• A commitment to the mission of strengthening social impact for the Greater Charlotte community and across the Carolinas
• Effective communication skills with particularly strong written communication skills (which will be explored in the interview process)
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and prioritize multiple projects. Must be a collaborative team player who can also work independently
• Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, project management and productivity tools (i.e. Asana, Slack, Insightly or similar CRMs)
Base salary range is $65,000-$70,000. In addition to a competitive base salary, Next Stage offers a pay-for-performance model and retirement benefits.
Next Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Next Stage encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.