Berkeley Capital Advisors (BCA) is a pure-play investment sales firm, headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN and Irvine, CA and is solely focused on the sale of investment real estate in the Southeast United States. This has been our focus since inception in 1997, and we’ve consistently ranked first among investment sales firms in our target markets including fifty percent market share in the Carolinas and Tennessee. In 2021, BCA’s team of thirty-two facilitated the sale of 310 assets for $1.782B in volume.
We are a process-driven platform that offers broad reach to local, regional, national, and international investors, as well as a refined knowledge of, and deep relationships with, the most active market participants in the southeast.
A Real Estate Financial Associate/Analyst is a crucial part of our investment sales platform and BCA is seeking a new member to join our Charlotte, NC office. The Associate/Analyst will work within a team and be involved in all aspects of the sales process including underwriting, valuation, market analysis, marketing, buyer selection, due diligence, and closing. The Associate/Analyst will interface daily with Berkeley partners, client organizations, and active external investors.
• Create financial models and analyze complex real estate assets using Excel and Argus
• Provide analytical and research support in market evaluations and asset valuations
• Develop an intimate understanding of commercial leases, covenants, and contracts
• Coordinate with a marketing team to create valuation packages and offering memorandums
• Craft and present high-quality storylines and pitches for a variety of assets
• Assist clients in and facilitate the closing / due diligence process
• Monitor and analyze key economic trends and real estate news across the southeast
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Proven financial modeling experience
• Excellence in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and effective time management
• Ability to travel within the region
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience
• MSRE, MRED, MBA, or real estate coursework
• Argus Enterprise proficiency
• Strong knowledge of commercial real estate with an emphasis on the retail industry