Charlotte’s a hub of creative talent. Here are seven Black interior designers who should be on your radar — if they aren’t already.
Driving the news: Marie Cloud, owner and principal designer of Indigo Pruitt Design Studio is on a mission to increase representation and make the field more equitable for designers of color.
If you’re in need of an interior designer, here are seven to consider, listed in no particular order.
1. Dressing Rooms Interiors, Ariene Bethea
Ariene Bethea is known for her use of color and ability to curate meaningful design moments. And if you’ve ever been in her vintage home store, you know she’s also a professional treasure hunter.
- Taking new clients? Ariene will start taking new clients this spring.
Book if: You’re not afraid of color and want your home to tell a story.
2. Ball and Jacks Designs, Jacqueline Bowman Snow
Jacqueline Bowman Snow offers a range of services, from personal shopping for specific items to full-service design.
- Taking new clients? You can fill out her inquiry form here.
Book if: You want help creating a space that inspires.
3. Dwell By Cheryl, Cheryl Luckett
Cheryl Luckett is all about opulence within reach. She has a knack for raising homes to their highest potential with decorating.
- Taking new clients? Reach out here to inquire for late 2022 availability.
Book if: You want your home to be equally luxurious and comfortable.
- Axios related story: Interior designer Cheryl Luckett shows us the power of home decor
4. Quin Gwinn Studio, Quin Gwinn
Quin Gwinn is known for her modern, fresh style that infuses color and contemporary art. She’s done it all, from residential renovations to small commercial projects.
- Taking new clients? Quin’s taking new clients for small businesses, including office spaces, boutiques and shops.
Book if: You’re a small business in need of space planning and love millennial style.
5. Muse Noire Interiors, Ashley Ross
Ashley Ross does full-service residential and commercial design, and production set design. Clients are drawn to her contemporary global design aesthetic.
- Taking new clients? Yes. See pricing and packages here.
Book if: You want a beautiful, culturally rich space that’s designed to support your wellbeing.
6. Denean Nicole Decor, Denean Jackson
Whether you’re looking for a refresh or need help from the ground up, Denean Jackson does it all. Her specialty is multi-room projects (think: living room, primary suite and home office).
- Taking new clients? She’s accepting new clients for the spring/summer season.
Book if: You love the timeless, transitional style.
7. Marie Cloud, Indigo Pruitt Design Studio
Marie Cloud’s not-so-secret ingredient to crafting incredible interiors is relationship building. Her design philosophy is to get to know her clients’ passions and attributes to create soulful and curated spaces.
- Taking new clients? Yes; she’s taking new clients for spring.
Book if: You want your home to be an expression of you.