Gallivan, White & Boyd, P.A., one of the leading law firms founded more than six decades ago in Greenville, South Carolina, is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. Serving all of the Carolinas, Gallivan, White & Boyd, handles complex business and commercial matters representing corporations, businesses, and individual clients in business disputes, arbitration, and defense litigation.
• Increasing attorney efficiency
• Enable the Firm to provide excellent client service
• 1541 annually, 33.5 hours/week worked
• Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and take proper precautions to protect information electronically and physically
• Strong technological skills to include: research using internet and legal search systems, such as, Westlaw; ability to electronically organize and manipulate documents; ability to effectively manage calendars; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Ability to professionally, and effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Perform duties with accuracy, quality and integrity
• Handle simultaneous projects, effectively multi-tasking and remaining flexible to last-minute changes
• Work in a team environment, while maintaining a pleasant disposition
• Work independently while using appropriate level of discretion to complete projects/assignments as directed
• Thorough knowledge of legal principles, research techniques, legal terminology, and medical terminology
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Perform research under attorney direction, including, but not limited to: legal, factual and records research
• Organize and analyze information
• Organize case files including, but not limited to: indexing, and Bates labeling records
• Cross-check and validate the information
• Prepare written reports, correspondence, subpoenas, forms and other documents as directed
• Locate and communicate with witnesses and experts as directed
• Interact with clients and opposing counsel as necessary to effectively perform assigned duties for Attorney(s)
• Miscellaneous projects as requested
• Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings
• All other duties as required
Education and experience:
• Bachelor Degree a plus, Paralegal Certificate/Certification or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of relevant legal experience to develop the necessary knowledge base
• Litigation experience preferred
• Experience with MS Office, Westlaw, case management software (iManage), Elite 3-E and Outlook
• Experience with document production/management software
Gallivan White & Boyd offers a robust benefits package including: comprehensive training and development programs including firm-wide Attorney Retreat, bonus program, 401(k) plan, affordable health, and life insurance including dental and vision coverage, critical illness, flexible spending accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teledoc to provide 24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video, and an employee assistance program.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.