THIS JOB IS NO LONGER OPEN. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
As a QA Tester, you will be responsible for testing and verifying that Skookum’s world class software operates at the highest level. You will test and ensure that intended functionality is correct across all targeted devices, browsers, and operating systems. You will uncover, log, track, and resolve software bugs throughout the development and deployment process and assist with the creation of a quality product. You will work closely with the entire production team throughout the development lifecycle to create and execute test cases, communicate testing progress, and describe bugs. Additionally, you will be responsible for test plan creation, test cases, and execution of exploratory testing at a high level for various product types.
- Create test cases and a testing strategy that accounts for a variety of testing methodologies including functional testing, and exploratory testing and regression testing.
- Analyze and deconstruct complicated software systems and design a test strategy for a variety of system types.
- Work closely with other QA Testers to analyze requirements and ensure that proper testing coverage is executed and accounted for.
- Test products end-to-end to identify, log, track, and resolve software bugs.
- Analyze sprint plans with the production team and provide insight as necessary.
- Interpret requirements from the perspective of a user.
- Communicate testing environment needs to project team to ensure team testing needs are in place.
- Give rapid feedback on requirements during team meetings in order to mitigate potential risks and issues.
- Communicate closely with the development team to describe and reproduce reported bugs and keep the team up to date on the status of the product.
- Ensure proper functionality of the product on various device types and operating systems.
- Utilize shared tools, track issues, and keep clients informed of progress.
- 1-3 years of software testing experience.
- Understanding and experience with various Software Testing concepts and methodologies.
- 1+ years of working in an Agile software environment.
- Familiarity with various mobile operating systems.
- Ability to work and communicate with technically skilled professionals.
- Proficiency creating test cases.
- Experience using project management tools including Jira.
- Experience using test case management tools including Zephyr.
- Able to analyze requirements to ensure proper testing coverage is considered.
- Able to adapt to change quickly while maintaining deadlines and a thoroughly tested product.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to learn products quickly and manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be thorough and detailed.