Biotage is a Global Impact Tech Company committed to solving society’s problems. We offer workflow solutions and products to customers in Drug Discovery and Development, Analytical Testing and Water and Environmental Testing.
Our customers span a broad range of market segments including Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Contract Research and Contract Manufacturers as well as Clinical, Forensic and Academic laboratories in addition to organizations focused on Food safety, Clean water and Environmental sustainability.
Biotage offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k program w/ company match and more.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our company at our US Headquarters in Charlotte, NC! The position’s primary responsibility is to support the President, Americas and ensure efficient & effective operation of the Charlotte, NC office location. The Executive Assistant will provide dedicated executive administration and support of scheduling, communications, travel planning, event coordination and streamlining administrative processes. The role will include frequent communication with senior level personnel and external partners, both domestic and abroad.
• Calendar management support for Executive. Reviewing meetings & appointments & proactively managing conflicts
• Reviewing and coding Executive’s email and responding on Executive’s behalf when appropriate
• Screening & management of incoming calls to Executive
• Coordinate Executive’s travel (domestic & International)
• Writing & editing emails, memos and preparing communications and reports on the Executive’s behalf
• Assist with contract administration as needed including obtaining signatures, scanning and electronic filing
• Process Executives expenses and review and approve expense reports from Executive’s direct reports as needed
• Organize meetings, create PowerPoint presentations, produce effective summaries and actions and coordinate catering as needed
• Plan and fully manage Executive sponsored events in Charlotte and other US locations
• Provide Notary services to Officers
• Managing visitors to the office and incoming general calls and emails
• Monitor and maintain office supplies, furniture, appliances, and electronics as required
• Maintain productive relationships with vendors
• Organizing maintenance companies to keep the office clean, safe and all appliances in good working order
• Develop and manage local travel vendor relationships (travel company, hotels, ground transport, etc.)
• Develop written processes & procedures and train new office employees on office related processes & operations
• Reporting office related performance to senior management and working with them to improve office operations & procedures
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized with high attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to “own” projects, tasks, processes, events, etc
• Proactive with ability to manage time and priorities effectively
• Ability to consistently strive for excellence and exercise good judgment
• Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
• Ability to effectively exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information
• Demonstrated ability to meet project timelines
• Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and MS Teams
• Ability to work within a team
• Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
Qualifications and training:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience supporting administrative functions at the executive level
• Must be certified or qualify to be certified for NC Notary Public
• Project management skills
• Presentation and communication development training and skills
Occasional travel required (company meetings, events, programs). Less than 10%.