Strategic Projects Manager
Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that is creating a new generation of men by teaching boys to be their best selves through a character development program powered by running. Founded in Charlotte, NC in 2009, Let Me Run has served over 30,000 boys in grades 3-8 across 31 states. Using running as the vehicle to inspire, teach and reach boys, our comprehensive curriculum breaks down destructive male stereotypes that often stand in the way of positive futures for boys. The comprehensive curriculum encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Twice a week for seven weeks, our trained coaches guide a team of six to eight boys through the program, designed to amplify confidence, self-expression, and respect for others. Each fall and spring culminates in a 5k race that celebrates the boys’ emotional, social and physical growth.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this role has incredible growth opportunities with significant increase in responsibility for a proven candidate. While starting as Strategic Projects Manager, the right individual with proven success in the role could move into a COO/VP of Operations role over time, serving as the organization’s #2 to the Executive Director. Initially, the primary role of the Strategic Projects Manager is to combine deep operational knowledge with broad strategic insight in order to translate strategic vision into action, helping the organization innovate, grow and improve. This Manager will brainstorm, plan, and execute many of the internal projects and operational activities of the organization to achieve growth, quality improvement and deepen impact. The Strategic Projects Manager also has a significant role in furthering relationships with coworkers and several strategic partners in order to achieve organizational goals.
Below are some but not all key responsibilities for the Strategic Project Manager. This is a “jack-of-all-trades” operations position with unlimited potential to take on more responsibility.
Curriculum and program management
• Manage the internal and external review process for the curriculum rewrites and updates; gathering and consolidating feedback in a timely manner and reporting to contracted writers
• Solicit end-of-season feedback from coaches and staff on curriculum and work accordingly to incorporate feedback and update curriculum across all platforms
• Ensure curriculum is ready to launch on time each season. Partner with website vendor to upload content into Coaches Portal and run tests with the registration platform to ensure systems are synced
• Work with the Executive Director, Board and regional staff to identify areas of the program that can be improved, streamlined or made more effective. Carry ideas from the brainstorm stage through implementation
Operations and communications
• Manage merchandise and store inventory and help ensure adequate supply to meet demand
• Regularly evaluate current vendor partnerships as well as competitive offerings. Propose renewals and changes to the ED
• Ensure that regional orders from vendors are in line with participant numbers
• Manage website content, frequently evaluating for accuracy and effectiveness
Regional support and assistance
• Assist local Charlotte/Upper Palmetto region during peak times. Responsibilities may include help with 5K race planning and execution, coach recruitment events, site visits, coaching, and program coordination
IT Systems and miscellaneous
• Partner with website developer and marketing contact to keep website up-to-date and ensure it is the most accurate and effective messaging for the organization. This role will make recommendations of potential changes to messaging and imagery
• Manage/negotiate the partnership with the website vendor
• Ensure that technology is sufficient, including database, website, registration platform, e-communications, and social media. Work with ED to make recommendations for improvement to these areas
• Assist with employee onboarding flow
• Overtime may come to hire and manage a part-time registration assistant to assist in the registration set-up and administration process
NOTE – This position hires and supervises the role of office assistant who may have multiple responsibilities that fall into various departments. This position is to be used to smoothly execute behind-the-scenes work within the LMR office.
• BA or BS degree.
• Past experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and planning capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship, and written / verbal communication skills, with a strong ability to collaborate, partner, and influence
• Strategic, logical, and creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to synthesize information to craft meaningful, crisp, tailored, and thematic messaging
• Experience as a project, program or operations manager
• Personal passion for the mission of LMR
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work well in a high-level team environment
• Ability to attend weekend and evening events
• Ability to identify gaps, needs and areas of improvement and propose solutions and see through to implementation
• Computer and database competence, including but not limited to: Microsoft office,the Adobe Creative Suite, data management and e-mail. Ability to become proficient in Pinwheel
• Written communication skills necessary for correspondence and document/presentation development
A compensation package will be offered consistent with the successful candidate’s capabilities and experience.