PT Communications Assistant
The Communications Assistant will assist the Director of Communications in developing and implementing a comprehensive communications platform to reach Covenant’s members and the larger community. This person will also work with staff and church members to gather, organize, and provide timely, accurate, responsive, and appropriate information for the defined audience. The Communications Assistant will have primary responsibility for weekly e-blast, bulletin announcements, graphic design for the website, digital monitors, worship visuals, and other media as appropriate.
• Understanding and appreciation of Christian mission and stewardship
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in communications, marketing, and/or media studies
• Excellent oral and written communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated PC skills, proficiency in MS Office suite of products and Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Constant Contact, and other publication-related software
• Demonstrated graphic design and layout skills
• Demonstrated photographic and video-editing skills.
• Ability to work with and guide print and web contractors.
• Experience managing content on a website and social media outlets.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in producing a variety of publications, visual and web products, following an agreed-upon timeline and production schedule as part of the church’s overall communications plan
• Create weekly e-blasts, worship bulletins, and announcements, following publication guidelines and palette; create funeral bulletins as needed; design monthly newsletter and prepare for publishing. Assure quality through proofing for grammar, consistency, and style
• Assist in graphic design for the website, digital monitors, worship visuals, and other media as appropriate
• Assist in maintaining information on the website and social media outlets
• Maintain an archive of publications and projects
• Coordinate with other staff and church members to gather information, photographs, and other elements used in communications
• Serve as the liaison for the outside printer for special church communications
Requires prolonged sitting, bending, stooping, stretching, standing, and lifting to 30 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, calculator, typewriter, and other office equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
Hybrid workweek (Monday & Wednesday in office), typically Monday through Thursday, 12-15 hours, as designated by the Director of Communications. Some flexibility is required to accommodate meetings and church events that occur outside regular business hours, including weekends and holidays. Work is in an office environment, involving contact with staff, vendors, and the congregation. Work involves multiple weekly and monthly deadlines.