Club Pilates is currently established in 36 states and 2 countries. Class formats target a wide range of clients’ needs – from young to more senior and beginner to advanced. Club Pilates was one of the first studios to create a 500-hour Teacher Training Program designed to thoroughly and safely teach group Pilates apparatus classes. Club Pilates has already sold 700 territories throughout the United States and Canada. Its 450+ instructors provide over 6 million workouts a year to tens of thousands of members.
Club Pilates Waxhaw offers group reformer classes in various formats and levels to accommodate everyone seeking to learn Pilates and hone their fitness expertise. Club Pilates is a well-established, nationwide brand, committed to providing affordable and accessible Pilates to the community.
The Pilates Instructor provides safe, effective group Pilates instruction in accordance with all Club Pilates guidelines and expectations.
• 450-hour comprehensive Pilates education (Minimum education to include; Mat, Reformer, Chair, and Springboard)
• Up to date CPR training or willingness to obtain
• Demonstrate anatomical knowledge and focus on safety
• Pleasant demeanor and excellent customer service skills
• Experience teaching 6 or more participants in an apparatus-based group class
• Maintain open availability for a minimum of 6 hours (2 shifts) per week
• Demonstrated group reformer instruction abilities
• Professional and effective communication skills
• Proven public speaking skills
• Proven Sales Abilities
• In-depth understanding of the benefits of Pilates and what sets Club Pilates apart from other Pilates studios
• Willingness to evolve with new developments in the fitness industry, specifically Pilates
• Comfortable adding TRX, Barre, and Trigger Point modalities to teaching repertoire
• Team player • Passion for learning and willingness to attend continued education trainings and seminars
• Punctual and Reliable
• Ability to implement and streamline new procedures in a diverse environment
• Ability to recognize areas of improvement and pro-actively communicate with management
• Consistently uses excellent judgment
• Ability to work harmoniously with the public, management and instructors
• Professional and neat
• Trustworthy and maintains confidentiality
• Strong problem-solver
• Proficient in (or ability to become) ClubReady software for basic use
• Provide Pilates instruction to include demo classes, group apparatus classes, private and semi-private training as scheduled by a management and pursuant to Club Pilates standards
• Must be skilled at proper and safe use of a variety of equipment during each class, including, but not limited to, hand weights, ExoChair, Reformer, Springboard, TRX, Magic Circle and other equipment as needed to ensure a safe yet creative groupexperience
• Visually inspect the equipment prior to the beginning of class to ensure equipment is in good working order and safe to use
• Responsible for studio tidiness and returning equipment to standards set by studio management
• Must arrive at a set time prior to the beginning of each scheduled class or private/semi-private session
• Participate in networking/community events as needed and studio promotions to generate new business
• Stay up to date with, and implement Club Pilates education standards at all times
• Maintain honesty and integrity
• Any other duties as assigned
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and be able to move/push equipment as needed
• Visual acuity required
• Prolonged standing
• Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate well with others both one-on-one and in front of groups
• Ability to think and process information quickly, clearly and accurately
• Strong reasoning ability; able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions; able to deal calmly and logically with problems and people, even under pressure.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is not exposed to any adverse or inclement conditions.