Director of Operations
E2D – Eliminate the Digital Divide is a non-profit dedicated to ensuring that all North Carolina citizens have affordable access to essential at-home technology and digital literacy training to empower families to prosper through better education, better jobs and better futures. Since 2013, E2D has placed over 28,000 computers into homes with demonstrated need.
Working closely with the President, the Director of Operations (DO) will be responsible for all programs and related planning, organizing, operations and staffing. The DO will supervise and support a talented team and will be responsible for the development and implementation of effective program growth strategies that will advance E2D’s mission. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage all interested applicants to apply by February 11, 2022. Our goal is to have the DO start in Spring 2022.
• Provide effective, energetic, and inspiring leadership for all E2D programs and services
• Lead program growth and expansion efforts
• Regular review of service offering and development of new programs as needs emerge
• Cultivate new and existing relationships with partners and clients
• Ensure effective evaluation and communications of E2D’s programmatic successes to continually grow and enhance E2D’s leadership in the digital equity field
• Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes and lead the team to achieve program outcomes and goals
• Maintain open lines of communication between the President and the program team so both groups stay up to date on program accomplishments and challenges
• Work with the President to keep the Board of Directors informed of program updates
• Lead a high-performing program team to the next level by further developing and implementing recruiting, training, and retention strategies
• Supervise and support individual members of the program team ensuring they are resourced and empowered to lead in their respective areas: staff supervision, volunteer management, and program operations to achieve the objectives of their specific roles.
• Guide and mentor program team members in strategy development and execution.
• Regularly solicit strategy and issue expertise from the program team to support effective decision-making and development of program strategy.
• Support the organization to build diverse teams to better reflect the populations with whom we work for positive impact.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in progressive leadership roles with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing, and growing performance and outcomes-based organization, preferably within the education, healthcare, community, nonprofit or philanthropic sectors
• Decisive and clear in goal setting for program outcomes and team deliverables, tracking against goals/benchmarks
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders
• Fluent in building and maintaining a positive organization and team culture
• Public speaking & presentation skills
• Budget development & management experience
• Commitment and experience in diversity, inclusion, and equity (DEI) best practices
• Passion for building capacity and empowerment in marginalized communities
• Candidates must provide proof of full vaccination from Covid-19 to apply
• Some evening or weekend duties may be required upon occasion
Compensation and benefits:
• E2D strives to offer competitive salaries and benefits within the nonprofit field
• Paid time off, generous benefits and a commitment to work/life balance are standard
• Professional development is guaranteed as you learn about the workings of a rapidly growing non-profit
• Salary range is $70,000-$80,000 depending on experience
At this time, all E2D staff are working hybrid, with assistance for the resources needed to do so. With consideration and proof of vaccination, employees work a flexible on-site schedule each week. When it is safe, E2D will re-evaluate conditions to resume in-office working.
E2D is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. E2D is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.