Digi-Bridge works to bridge the digital divide in Charlotte by providing hands-on STEAM coursework for K-8th grade scholars and advocating for digital equity through community action. Digi-Bridge has provided K-8 scholars throughout Mecklenburg County with STEAM learning experience, serving more than 15,000 students and twenty partner schools since 2014.
Digi-Bridge’s Program Director will set the vision and implement the full scope of Digi-Bridge STEAM programs. This position will be responsible for the following outcomes:
• Assessing and redesigning a full suite of impactful STEAM programs
• Student growth and safety
• Program staff satisfaction
• Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools principal and district satisfaction, retention, and recruitment
• Strategic partnerships
• Replicable operations within programs
• Leading the programmatic growth and expansion outlined in our newly adopted strategic plan
• This position will require in-person work at various locations (pending health guidelines) and many functions may not be performed remotely. This position reports to the CEO. This position must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination series prior to starting the position. This position will start spring 2022.
Current program offerings:
• Digi-Bridge’s premier school-based program, STEAMLab, matches students to opportunities to explore, tinker and create through out-of-school time hands-on STEAM-based instruction
• In 2019, Digi-Bridge launched a multi-site programming and robotics initiative in partnership with several Title 1 schools and community initiatives
• Digi-Bridge’s work extends well past four walls and deep into communities to meet students where they are. We work with community partners to expose students to STEAM topics through after-school clubs, neighborhood initiatives, summer camps and more
• Digi-Bridge has an earned revenue initiative offering courses in our programming space, Innovation Alley, at supporting partner locations, and in the community
• STEAMKits have been successful throughout the pandemic and continue to reach students and partners through individual material kits paired with virtual or printed instruction
• Lead, manage and develop a team of 2+ Program Managers, supporting all programming across Digi-Bridge, a top of the funnel STEM interest and engagement organization across 25+ partner Title 1 schools, community partners, and earned revenue initiatives
• Lead training and onboarding for Program Managers
• Directly manage Program Managers including coaching, training, delegating, supporting, hiring/firing, and teambuilding in a variety of settings and structures
• Set goals, oversee calendars, iterate on internal systems to increase program effectiveness
• Oversee program evaluation and need identification: implement and monitor tools and analyze data
• Own program development and conduct regular program audits to ensure our programs are meeting the needs of our constituents
• Manage high-level budgets for each program offering
• Develop and lead strategic growth opportunities, including program expansion, expanded program offerings for earned revenue and school-based initiatives
• Establish programmatic, team, and staff goals and track results against these goals
• Steward Digi-Bridge’s relationships with various Charlotte Mecklenburg School Departments (Community Partnerships, Science, Title 1/Family Engagement, etc.)
• Support principal relationships for recruitment, retention, and satisfaction
• Collaborate with funding partners on execution of programming
• Communicate outcomes and data to multiple partners
Digi-Bridge senior leadership team
• Contribute to organization-wide planning (strategic, annual, quarterly) and regular strategic conversations and solutions across on cross-functional issues
• Drive collaboration across all areas of business (programs, operations, partnerships and development)
• Function as a thought leader
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change exiting ones as management deem necessary.
Skills and behaviors we’re looking for:
• A builder – Digi-Bridge is a start-up nonprofit with a huge runway and we need someone who is motivated, excited, and able to test, learn and iterate without boundaries and/or an established playbook
• A people person – You love when you have a hand in helping your employees succeed in their roles. You take the time to get to know your direct reports, are able to provide feedback (positive and constructive) and coaching, can clearly define goals and, projects, and progress and can handle management issues early and often
• A strategic thinker – You come to work with one eye on your daily tasks with the other eye looking in the future. You can think strategically, set a clear and compelling vision and align your teams to make it happen
• In relentless pursuit of our mission – You show up every day excited and energized about Digi-Bridge’s mission and vision for the future. You are able to share that passion and inspire others (students, facilitators, principals, donors, volunteers, etc) to take action with you
• Data fuels you – You take a data-driven approach to problem-solving, analysis and excel at driving results to hit program plans and targets
• Organized project manager – You have systems which aid in your execution and prioritization of projects and tasks and you are able to work across teams and people to see a project from start to finish
Experience and qualifications:
• 7+ years of programming and/or progressive leadership roles
• Education background and/or teaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Direct supervision experience
• Informal STEM program development/management would make for a standout candidate
• Previous experience working in or with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools or a similar educational landscape
• Knowledge of and experience in Charlotte nonprofit landscape
• Demonstrated experience to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff, strong attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range is $63,000-$65,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Digi-Bridge offers a supplementary stipend of $500/month for benefits in addition to paid, vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, martial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.