Asset Liability Management Sr. Deposit Forecast Analyst
U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest bank in the United States, is growing the Corporate Treasury presence in Charlotte.
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. We’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Asset Liability Management (ALM) is a division within Corporate Treasury whose responsibility it is to provide senior management with accurate, timely, and comprehensive forecasts of the balance sheet and net interest income (NII). ALM is also responsible for managing the asset and liability positions of the bank, primarily through the measurement and monitoring of interest rate risk, to help inform and develop balance sheet strategies. An understanding of the dynamics of deposit balances and rate paid, as a key driver of interest rate risk and balance sheet positioning, is integral to effective asset liability management.
ALM’s Deposit Forecast team is seeking a strong, decisive, results-oriented contributor who will be responsible for supporting the deposit forecast production process across use cases.
• Coordinate with business finance partners and model development to create a deposits balance sheet and expense forecast that incorporates macroeconomic drivers, historical behavior, and line of business strategy
• Develop business partner relationships with other associates across the ALM team, Corporate Treasury, business finance teams, and line of business stakeholders
• Leverage deposit model outputs to support critical use cases such as interest rate risk, capital management and stress testing, funds transfer pricing, and liquidity risk
• Perform analysis around deposits (both projected and actual) to understand performance drivers by line of business and product, and communicate balance sheet and expense impacts across relevant stakeholders
• Actively seek to understand (and proactively communicate) how changes in the regulatory and/or macroeconomic environment may impact deposit forecast activities
• Help inform, support, and develop strategies to drive financial results within the company’s risk appetite
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or another analytical discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Five or more years of related experience
Preferred skills and experience:
• Self-motivated individual who can complete projects individually and provide actionable insight to senior management
• Willingness to take on challenging assignments and provide analytically driven recommendations to senior management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a specific focus on financial modeling in Excel and PowerPoint presentations
• Understanding of applicable laws, regulations, products and trends that affect deposits
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risk, and risk management approaches
• Experience with interest rate risk, baseline financial forecasting, or comprehensive capital risk
• Experience partnering with quantitative modeling teams or across multiple organizations
• Master’s degree preferred