User Support Analyst
Located in the heart of the nation’s second fastest-growing metropolitan area, Queens University of Charlotte leverages the city’s diverse and thriving environment as an extended classroom. Nationally recognized for undergraduate programs in international and interdisciplinary education, Queens blends the best of liberal arts learning with professional preparation and community engagement. Focused on supporting success for diverse learners, faculty build close and collaborative relationships with students and help them build intentional and individualized roadmaps for flourishing at Queens and beyond. At the graduate program level, the University offers innovative educational experiences that help learners advance professionally and retool for new opportunities. Our environs afford faculty myriad opportunities to advance their own professional growth and teaching and research interests by collaborating with vibrant industry, non-profit, and community organization sectors.
Because of our history of innovation and our legacy of strong leadership, Queens is positioned to be among the new forerunners of American higher education. This is a defining moment for Queens. While other institutions are focused on sustaining and surviving, we are thinking much bigger.
Institutions that understand what is needed and are willing to reimagine what is possible can position themselves to thrive and strengthen their market position after the pandemic with innovative approaches that are deeply connected to the world and its greatest challenges.
By 2030, Queens aspires to become the leading, private, national university of Charlotte with deep, meaningful, and reciprocal connections to the needs of our local community and economy; inventive and multidisciplinary academic programs that are connected to the world’s most pressing challenges and biggest areas of opportunity; a fully connected, integrated, and innovative set of experiences that support holistic wellness and wellbeing; a culture of continuous improvement and investment that enables faculty and staff to flourish and achieve their full potential; and a comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion that begins on campus and radiates throughout the community.
The User Support Analyst provides Tier 1, 2 & 3 technical support to faculty, staff, and students, and maintains the software, hardware, and classroom technology to achieve desired outcomes and achieve high customer satisfaction. This temporary (through September 2022) full-time, 40-hour/week position reports to the Director of User Support Services. This position is not exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible to earn overtime pay for hours worked above 40 in a single workweek.
• Provide Tier 1, 2 & 3 technical support, coordinating with other analysts to review, prioritize, diagnose, and resolve at least 90% of all requests within 3 business days. At least 60% of requests should be resolved by the User Support Services team, of which the Analyst is a part
• Assist with deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting technology-related hardware and infrastructure. This includes computers, PC tablets, iPads, monitors, printers, projectors, smart boards, et al
• Collaborate with all campus audiences to understand project requirements and recommend sustainable solutions that meet defined business and academic needs
• Set measurements and track responses for quality assurance standards with devices and user experiences
• Develop, deliver, and maintain technical support and training information to reach technical and non-technical users
• Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department and university needs
Experience, knowledge and skills:
• 3+ years progressive experience in a user support role demonstrating strong skills in Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems, MS Office suites, troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, analytical skills required
• Extremely comfortable with technology and ability to learn new software quickly
• Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technology, software, processes, and procedures
• Proven ability to work patiently with users of all skill levels
• Strong customer service, oral and written communication necessary to achieve objectives of the position
• Ability to demonstrate initiative by taking action without being told
• Demonstrated organization and follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure completion of goals and objectives in the specified timeframe
• Strong reasoning skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to resolve problems
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a high-functioning team
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional experience, knowledge and skills a plus:
• Service desk ticketing system (e.g., ZenDesk) experience
• OS image creation and deployment
• Office 365 and SharePoint administration
• Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations, and use a computer system
• Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students
• Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type, and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems
• Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus
• Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly
• Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions – 75-100% of the time
• Work in office environments across campus involving contact with faculty, staff, students, service providers and vendors
• Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of these positions, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of this position.
Qualified candidates should submit the documentation listed below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in (.doc) or (.pdf) format. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Include the following:
1. A cover letter addressing the position qualifications, experience, and interest
2. Current résumé
3. Salary requirements
4. Contact information for three professional references.
Be sure to include “USA-ITS” and YOUR NAME in your email Subject Line.
(Example: USA-ITS Nolan Wesley)
Submissions received by January 31, 2022 will receive first consideration. Queens will continue to accept submissions until the position is filled.
Queens University of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity. Queens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, political beliefs, veteran status, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, employment and hiring policies, or other University-administered programs.
Any individual with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Queens’ job search/selection process should contact the Director of Human Resources at 704.337.2222.