Reporter, Axios Local, New Editorial and Guides team
Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Reporter for Axios Local’s new enterprise and guides team.
Why it matters:
You’ll be a reporter working to pull together high-impact service journalism pieces across multiple markets within Axios Local.
We are looking for someone who cares deeply about the future of local news, is obsessed with innovative ways to reimagine it, and skilled in execution to support this venture with the following responsibilities:
• Partner with the Axios Local reporters to ideate and collaborate on potential story ideas that would drive reader engagement
• Write reader-first articles for Axios Local markets across the map, in topics ranging from real estate to business to smart lifestyle
Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
• Journalism and reporting experience
• Understanding of how to craft messaging to drive engagement
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital media landscape
• Competitive salary
• Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
• Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
• Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
• Company equity
• Commuter and cell phone benefit
• A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
• Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
• One mental health day per quarter
• $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
• Tele-mental health services
• OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
• Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
• Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
• Classpass discount
• Virtual company-sponsored social events
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.