Halal Street Food is bringing a taste of Uptown to MoRa Point.
The new restaurant, which opened just before the new year, offers favorites from Uptown’s Halal Street Cart, and other new menu items like crepes, kebabs, and salads.
Why it matters: It’s another local success story. Halal Street Food is owned by the same family that owns the Halal Street Cart at 101 North Tryon St.
- Plus, it adds another location where you can get the chicken and lamb combo, which Axios’ Ted Williams says he would wait all day in line for, if needed.
Details: The menu is a blend of Greek, Lebanese and Mediterranean.
- One rare and cool feature is the two rotating doners, which have huge chunks of meat on skewers, ready to carve fresh for your gyro or shawarma.
- The new restaurant is located at 4044 Connection Point Boulevard, right next to Starbucks.
- It’s open every day from 10am to 10pm.
What’s next: In a couple of months, the restaurant will be opening earlier for breakfast. It’ll offer new menu items unique to the breakfast menu like crepes (sweet and savory) and omelets.
- Their social media manager tells us that this is the first of many Halal Street Foods. They hope to open more brick and mortars across Charlotte and possibly the country.
Take a look inside: