Heart Math Tutoring (HMT) is a Charlotte, North Carolina-based nonprofit that gives young students successful experiences in math through one-on-one tutoring during the school day delivered by supervised volunteers. Volunteer tutors use our proven curriculum and are supported by a Heart Program Coordinator at each school site. Over 1,000 elementary students are currently enrolled. The program is effective in-person or virtually and is expanding into other geographies. Learn more at www.heartmathtutoring.org.
We are excited to add a part-time Content Manager focused on increasing Heart Math Tutoring’s impact by engaging positively with thousands of potential volunteers and other constituents through creating, improving, and maintaining marketing content. Duties include raising brand awareness; creating, editing, and proofreading content; developing content strategies; managing the organization’s Communications Calendar; and monitoring web traffic and social media metrics, among other tasks. Throughout, the Content Manager will ensure content reflects HMT’s core values, a consistent brand, and a positive experience for constituents.
We are looking for candidates who possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. You should be comfortable finding creative ways to build an online presence, as well as using structured thinking to organize content on-hand and formulate strategy. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with proven skills in drafting compelling content. You should be detail-oriented and organized.
• Develop content strategy that aligns with HMT’s goals. Obtain buy-in and alignment of Communications Team through managing HMT’s Communications Calendar
• Research and implement best practices in the sector. Learn about HMT constituents and HMT’s program. Study content and communications of similar organizations
• Create and edit original copy that is accurate, well-researched, relevant, and compelling for use in HMT’s blog, website, social media, press releases, flyers, slides, and more
• Manage HMT’s website – Make regular updates to the website to ensure content is organized and accurate. Create compelling blog posts. Track and grow engagement levels
• Manage HMT’s social media – Expand HMT’s audience and interact effectively with constituents. Track and grow engagement levels
• Create and manage HMT’s volunteer recruitment collateral and train HMT frontline staff on effectively using the collateral in their recruitment efforts (flyers, slides, stories, shareable social media templates, etc.)
• Draft selected eblasts and manage selected email campaigns, especially related to volunteer recruitment
• Coordinate the Communications Team (Executive Director, Director of Development and Community Engagement, Tutor Operations Manager, Donor Relations Coordinator) – lead meetings, leverage teammates’ ideas, engage in brainstorming, create and monitor plans for implementation
• Provide editorial, creative, and proofreading support to teammates responsible for communications to donors and tutors (eblasts, annual report, tutor announcement emails)
• Organize and maintain HMT photos and media
• Ensure all work is legally compliant (e.g. copyright protection, child privacy)
• Remain current on marketing/content industry developments and generate new ideas to increase HMT’s brand presence and constituent engagement
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism٫ Communications, Marketing or relevant field
• 3-4 years of agency experience or other relevant experience
• Ability to think creatively and analytically
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to develop content that provokes engagement
• Strong leadership and collaboration qualities
• Highly computer literate
• Verifiable experience with MS Office and WordPress (preferred)
• Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Experience with social media management
• Detail-oriented work style
• Exceptional time management and organization skills
• Mission-oriented and energized by both strategic and tactical work
• Share Heart Math Tutoring’s core values (student-centered, growth mindset, gratitude, precision and professionalism, and civic engagement) and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This is a part-time, 15-20 hr/wk role reporting to HMT’s Executive Director. Salary is commensurate with experience, most likely to begin in the mid to high $20,000s. This can be a remote or office-based role.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive work environment and supporting racial equity.