Commercial Assistant Property Manager
New Forum is a holding company that manages a portfolio of diversified businesses through our subsidiary companies. We operate in Commercial Office, Senior Living, Multifamily, and Food & Beverage. Our recipe for success centers around our knowledgeable team, deploying best practices, investing in technology, and developing innovative ideas that promote growth and generate revenues.
New Forum provides corporate support and services to our operating business for strategic initiatives, financial oversight, marketing, business development, risk assessment, legal and compliance, technology, human resources, and employee development.
The Assistant Property Manager position supports and assists in the management of commercial real estate in accordance with the Management Agreements set forth at each property. The Assistant Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, lease administration, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc.
The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager in handling tenant grievances, service requests and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases.
The Assistant Property Manager is charged with supporting the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained properties. This position must place maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety in coordination and conjunction with the Owner’s goals and objectives.
Assistant property management duties
• Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/questions in a timely and courteous manner. Communicate with tenants on all service, lease, and building-related issues. Follow-up with the tenants to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues
• Help coordinate work orders with contractors, vendors and maintenance staff. Track work orders, approvals and distribution in accordance with company policy
• Assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager with the application of the property management plan, procedures, and operations manual
• Assist with property inspections
• Coordinate production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc
• Maintain up to date tenant and vendor contacts and databases
• Aid in the production of departmental reports (e.g. business plans, financial statements)
• 24-hour emergency coverage for the property as needed or on-call schedule
• Assist with tenant move-ins and move-outs
• Assist the Senior Property Manager and Property Manager in getting estimates/bids for repairs at the property & submit for approval. Help coordinate scheduling, tenant communications, and vendor follow-through for all approved repairs
• Ensure accuracy and compliance of all property related contracts
• Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for all properties and ensure compliance with company guidelines
• Program and distribute access keycards to tenants as needed
• Collect and maintain up-to-date HVAC and hood cleaning contracts from tenants
• Maintain up-to-date certificates of insurance for all tenants
• Detailed verification of all invoice amounts for approved work orders or contracts
• Ensure proper coding on invoices and accuracy of tenant billable work orders
• Assist corporate accounting with questions and resolution of vendor issues
• Assist Property Manager with maintaining and monitoring utility tracking for all properties
• Process Project Invoices in Yardi
• Maintain an active knowledge of all existing tenant’s lease terms
General office duties
• Greet and direct office visitors as needed
• Other varied tasks as directed by management
• Exceptional communication skills, ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Proven customer service and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to take direction and function as part of a team
• Pleasant and patient demeanor
Work required is general office work in nature. Sitting, standing, walking, are routinely required. Occasional pushing, pulling and lifting objects of up to 25 lbs. is required. Work level is light.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This position is a full-time position. Daily work schedule may change according to the needs of the community, but a typical schedule is 40 hours/week. 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-F with some weekends and off-hours if needed.
Travel for training is occasional. Various trips within the Charlotte area will be necessary for community business and property visits.
Required education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with 1 to 3 years industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
• Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience is preferred
• Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Knowledge of Yardi software is a plus
EEO statement – The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities. Activities duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.