East Coast Market Director
Our mission is to expose a diverse population of young girls to a high-quality STEM curriculum that inspires confidence in their pursuits of learning throughout the year.
The ideal candidate for the East Coast Market Director position will have a deep passion for education equity and gender parity and possess extensive executive leadership and relationship-building skills, strengths in cultural competence, strategic communication, stakeholder management, and will bring experience closing significant negotiations and solicitations on behalf of our organization.
They will be relentless in building relationships and securing partnerships across Corporate Funders, Nonprofit Organizations, School Districts, Schools, and Independent Education providers as well as enhancing awareness for Project Scientist’s impact throughout the East Coast.
This position will report directly to the CEO.
• Building and/or deepen relationships with, but not limited to, Corporate Funders, Non-profit Partners, School Districts, and 3rd Party Independent Education
• Identify new partnership opportunities with Corporate Funders, Non-profit Partners, School Districts, 3rd Party Independent Education, and Major Gifts/Individual gifts
• Accountable for financial goals through corporate funding and paid partners
• Responsible for writing and timely submissions of Corporate and Foundational grant proposals
• Responsible for deepening relationships with Project Scientist partners through Superstars volunteers, corporate match programs, and individual giving as well as securing in-person or virtual Expeditions for Programs
• Identify opportunities for geographic or programmatic expansion in collaboration with the Senior Leadership team inline with established organizational priorities
• Operate as a day-to-day East Coast point of contact (POC) for all matters including Partner Relations, Superstars / Expeditions, Press Inquiries and Special Events
• Manage market budgets and adhering to all organizational policies & procedures
• Responsible for tracking all East Coast funder and volunteer activity in Salesforce
• Plan and execute, along with the Development Committee and Marketing, the Project Scientist 10-Year Anniversary fundraising event in Charlotte, NC. Summer 2022
• Provide frequent reports/presentations on East Coast funder status and opportunities
• Perform related administrative duties ensuring that records/contacts are maintained, and reports are submitted in a timely manner
• Ensure Project Scientist is represented with integrity and optimal impact across diverse audiences
• A commitment to help girls grow, learn and connect to STEM in the pursuit of gender parity in STEM careers.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA of BS) in a STEM, Education, Business or related field from four-year college or university
• Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, preferred
• North Carolina or Eastern state-issued multi- or single-subject teaching credential highly desired
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in education/expanded learning, institutional operations, or nonprofit Development
• Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish, strongly preferred. At least 3 years in a supervisory or leadership position preferred
• Strong technical acumen in G Suite, Zoom, and Asana preferred
• Proficient in Salesforce is desirable
• Embraces ambiguity and has a willingness to “roll up their sleeves” to do what needs to be done now