Program Support Specialist
The Program Support Specialist provides administrative support for the offices of the Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs and the Director of Client Relations. The Program Support Specialist regularly prepares and processes documents, collects and compiles data, organizes information and files, and corresponds with clients, vendors, and program participants. The successful candidate is committed to a team-oriented approach to providing excellent service.
Assist the Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs with accomplishing the goals set forth by the United Methodist Foundation’s Board of Directors, the Reynolds Ministries Team, and the Foundation President at a high level of excellence
• Effectively and professionally communicate with program participants, vendors, applicants, WNCC staff, and other relevant parties via phone, email, post, etc.
• Initiate payments by completing check requests and/or arranging credit card transactions
• Compile and organize data collected through applications, surveys, and other means
• Make arrangements for travel, accommodations, and meals for programs and handle contracts
Assist the Director of Client Relations with providing excellent and timely service to the needs of existing and prospective clients, and supporting the execution of Foundation programs
• Prepare materials for client visits, meetings, and presentations
• Prepare materials for Foundation programs and meetings
• Assist with mailings and email campaigns to existing and prospective clients
• Provide logistic support for Foundation programs (such as securing registrations, corresponding with participants, ordering supplies, and ensuring hospitality)
• Respond to client inquiries of a general nature, particularly when the Director of Client Relations is away on work-related travel and away from email access (such as processing account intake forms and sharing Foundation publications and resources)
• Other duties that may arise in order to provide excellent and timely client service
Provide general administrative support overlapping with the duties of the Executive Support Specialist to ensure adequate coverage at all times, such as:
• Welcome all guests (in-person and over the phone) with “radical hospitality” to ensure the highest level of customer service
• Assist with daily office paperwork processing: incoming and outgoing mail, correspondence preparation, online filing, etc
• Data entry such as deposits, disbursements, client account maintenance, etc
• Assist with building preparation for meetings and building clean-up efforts as needed
• 5+ years administrative support experience
• Passion for Christian ministry
• Professional and effective communications skills
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Proficiency with PC programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe, and Outlook
• Ability to determine and balance priorities
• Evident work ethic and a teachable spirit
This full-time exempt position is based in the Foundation offices in Huntersville, NC, and will work regularly scheduled hours of operation for the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina and as needed to complete responsibilities pertaining to the position. Support the mission of the United Methodist Foundation to build the Church for generations to come. Abide by the guidelines of the UMF Employee Handbook as approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
The Program Support Specialist is to maintain an updated process manual for this position, detailing the processes necessary for every component of this position’s responsibilities, including passwords for websites and online access relevant to this position.
Director of Reynolds Ministries and Programs (Direct Supervisor)