U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a motivated, highly analytical and detail-oriented Product Analyst to support several products in the Money vertical including credit cards, student loans, mortgages, personal loans and banking. The Product Analyst will work closely with product managers, SEO, editors, digital producers and technology teams to improve existing products and launch new products.
• Support product development through the entire process including product definition through QA
• Analyze key metrics to understand product performance, including running A/B tests
• Present findings to management and key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
• Collaborate with product management to make product and business decisions using data-driven insights and analyze the impact of product changes
• Monitor competition and work closely with UX/Design team to explore opportunities to improve user experience
• Support SEO team with special projects as requested
You should definitely have
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or a similar major, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in product analytics and/or product management, or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
• Strong analytical skills; ability to build a strong understanding of product metrics and business KPIs; ability to extract insights from data analysis and translate them into actionable takeaways
• Strong presentation skills; ability to build tables and visualizations to communicate takeaways to management and key stakeholders
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality and detail
• Strong storytelling, communications, and organizational skills
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
It would be nice if you had
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent project management platforms
• Experience with user testing such as A/B testing and heat maps
• Experience working with lead generation
• SEO experience
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job information:
Applicants must submit a resume to be considered.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.