We’re hiring for Assistant Manager at our second Harry’s restaurant which will open in early 2022 at Quail Corners on Park Road. If you’re a fun, energetic, enthusiastic & motivated person, let’s chat!
The Assistant Manager must inspire, coach and develop each member of the team to grow to their full potential and deliver outstanding service to our guests. The position sets clear direction and expectations for every team member and must be an expert problem solver to overcome all obstacles. This position ensures proper execution of standards and service by the team and sets the example and tone for each shift. The Assistant General Manager/Assistant Manager supports an environment of excellence by celebrating team member achievements and acknowledging positive behaviors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Provide direction to the Front of the house team in order to achieve restaurant goals
• Assist in monitoring restaurant procedures associated with NC Health Department regulations to assure the highest quality of food safety at all times
• Assist in monitoring restaurant procedures associated with NC Alcohol Beverage Control regulations
• Consistently review restaurant operations to identify any problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement
• Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service and ensuring all team members engage with guests to understand their needs and exceed their expectations
• Provide coaching and feedback to team members and assess performance on an ongoing basis
• Manage and motivate team members through positive and respectful leadership
• Consistently monitor and manage restaurant staffing levels to ensure team members are capable and professionally developed
• Develop a rapport with guests and solicit guest feedback to understand the needs of the guest and surrounding community
• Generate sales growth by consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience executing local restaurant marketing initiatives
• Assist in attaining restaurant P&L goals, through complete knowledge and management of daily expenses, awareness of variances and ability to initiate corrective actions
• Control labor and beverage costs through daily management and supervision
• Maintain constant lines of communication with the restaurant’s leadership team to insure smooth operations and timely responses to our guests’ or the business’ needs
• Perform other duties as directed
• Must have the ability to maintain a positive attitude and ability to cultivate positive staff morale in a fast-paced work environment
• Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members
• Exceptional time management and organization skills
• Must have thorough knowledge of NC Health Department food safety regulations & NC Alcohol Beverage Control laws
• Team-building skills
• Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
• Must have excellent guest service skills and enjoy building rapport with a large basis of regular customers
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects in an effective and efficient manner
• Must have a strong work ethic and accountability
• Must have a strong sense of empathy and conflict management skills
• Ability to formulate strategies and action plans to achieve results
This position will directly supervise all FOH positions including but not limited to Host(ess), Server, Bartender and Food Runner. This position will assist in managing all BOH positions during a particular shift with the oversite and direction of the Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef on duty.
Fast-paced, physically uncomfortable work environment. Kitchens are often small with limited mobility and can be uncomfortably hot. Bar area is often cramped with limited mobility and restaurants can easily become loud and crowded.
• Long Uninterrupted periods of Walking and Standing
• Ability to hold & carry 10lb to 20lb repeatedly
• Ability to move quickly through tight crowed spaces
Preferred education and experience:
• Associates Degree in Restaurant Management or Bachelors Degree in Applicable Field
• 4+ years Restaurant Service/Bartending Experience (Fine Dining Preferred)
• 2+ years Restaurant Management Experience (Full Service Bar & Restaurant Preferred)
EEO statement – The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.