As temperatures drop, you’re going to need more than a jacket to keep you warm.
I’m from Florida so the concept of a warm cocktail is pretty much foreign to me. I’m fascinated by them. Who doesn’t love something warm to sip on while you cozy up near a space heater or wood-burning fireplace?
The big picture: I found that you can order a hot toddy (hot water or tea, whiskey, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon stick) pretty much anywhere. The cocktails on this list get a little more creative.
- The Other Irish Coffee: Drumlish Irish poitin, hazelnut liqueur, honey syrup, coffee, hand-whipped cream
- Holly Jolly Cafe: Salamander Vodka, peppermint syrup, chocolate syrup, cocoa bitters, coffee, whipped cream, peppermint crumbles, cocoa powder
- The Nutcracker: Salamander Vodka, Kahlua liqueur, coffee, whipped cream, bourbon cherry
The Cellar and Link & Pin
- Irish Coffee cocktail (secret menu item available upon request): Fresh-brewed coffee is lightly sweetened with Demerara sugar and a liberal pour of Irish Whiskey. “We make a Vanilla bean heavy cream in-house to gently float on top,” Nate Robbins, the administrative assistant at Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse tells Axios.
- Spiked Hot Chocolate; Hot chocolate, Baileys, rum, whipped cream, Hershey’s chocolate chips
- Hot Buttered Rum: Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Hot Water, Butter Batter, Cinnamon, Clove, Brown Sugar
- Mexican hot chocolate: Patron Tequila, Mexican cacao, milk, cinnamon, whipped cream
- Bad and Boozy- Bourbon, Baileys, house-made cocoa, whipped cream, crushed candy cane
- Naughty List- Bourbon, lemon juice, star anise, honey syrup
Graham St Eggnog: Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, eggnog, nutmeg
Irish Coffee: Irish Whiskey, whipped cream, crème de menthe
- Good as Gold: Blanco Tequila, coconut milk, cardamom, turmeric
- The Wake Up Call: La Colombe coffee, Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon, Vanilla Demerara, Frangelico hazelnut foam. The bartenders finish this drink with freshly grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
Miracle at Backstage Lounge
- Bad Santa: Aged rum, velvet falernum, mixed spiced butter, oat milk, nutmeg
- Yippekay (hot buttered rum): Dark rum, gingerbread spices, butter
- Help Me, I’m Feeling (mulled wine): Red wine, mulling spices, orange, brandy
- Spiced Apple Cider: Available Dec. 7-Feb. 6.
- Yule Log Grog: Gin, falernum, cranberry syrup, ginger liqueur, lime
- Coffee & Cocoa Old Fashioned: Evan Williams 1783, coffee, simple syrup, coffee & cocoa bitters
Winter Wonder Bar at Bocado
- Drop it Like it’s Hot Chocolate: Bourbon, gourmet chocolate, steamed milk, whipped cream
- Griswold Gluhwein: Mulled red wine, brandy, pressed oranges, spices
- Irish coffee: Jameson Irish whiskey, Pure Intentions coffee, brown sugar
- Hot chocolate: Salted caramel or minted chocolate Baileys