Accounts Payable / Data Entry Specialist
ORC is one of the nation’s oldest firms providing land acquisition, relocation and program management services for infrastructure projects. ORC provides a full range of right of way services to public agencies, utility companies and energy clients. We inspire confidence in progress by using initiative, respect, knowledge and integrity to advance infrastructure projects responsibly in communities nationwide.
Voted IRWA Employer of the Year #2018
Ranked #1191 on the Inc. 5000 – Fastest Growing Private Companies
O.R. Colan Associates is seeking a full-time, non-exempt Accounts Payable / Data Entry Clerk in Charlotte, NC. The Accounts Payable / Data Entry Clerk will assist the Accounting Department with day-to-day operations through various administration projects given by the Assistant Accounting Manager.
We are proud to offer:
• Excellent base pay
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
• Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Professional training
• Flexible schedule
• Recognition programs
• Growth opportunities
• Family-oriented atmosphere and work environment
• Company expense report review and corrections
• Setting up vendors in accounting system
• Enter and pay accounts payable invoices
• Maintain and pay company rent invoices
• Heavy data entry
• Intermittent assistant to accounting department with additional administrative tasks
• Administrative office management responsibilities for corporate office
• Coordinating data entry and payment or trust account
• Entering and coding vendor invoices into accounting system
• Creating invoices in excel and accounting system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with a team with minimal supervision
• Strong sense of discretion and professionalism
• Self-motivated with demonstrated organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and keeping commitments
• Minimum of two (2) years of accounting, administrative, hospitality or healthcare administration experience OR a Business related degree
• Minimum of 1 (one) year of data entry experience
• Have experience working with multiple deadlines and priorities and across a variety of projects
• Ability to manage sensitive, confidential information
• Ability to work with different levels of management
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically:
• Excel – able to add/delete rows and columns, sort and filter, search for data within a workbook and other basic formatting.
• Word – must be able to format documents and letters, and track changes made to documents; must be able to upload documents into a shared online database, such as Dropbox or equivalent.
• Outlook – create/maintain outlook calendar; effectively sort and organize outlook emails.
• Comfortable working in an electronic environment
• Ability to work 40 hours during standard core business hours along with reporting to the office as required
• English language proficient
• Valid driver’s license required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to clearly communicate and exchange information in person, via phone and email. Substantial repetitive movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers due to high amounts of computer usage and typing. Expected to spend long spans of time in front of a computer screen. Able to read, understand and interpret department-related documents and data. Able to make quick decisions, present to staff and clients, have difficult conversations and supervise staff. The employee is required to move about inside the office to access files, office equipment and to interact with other members of the staff. This role requires the employee to travel regularly to meet with clients or vendors which involves time driving; sometimes for long durations. While meeting with clients and vendors, will need to be outdoors traversing different types of landscapes. May be exposed to the elements (heat, rain, snow, cold).