Content Manager & Senior Copywriter
What happens when you fuse best-in-class tech and first-class support? You get Underscore, a Carnegie company. As the country’s largest dedicated Slate development and optimization team, Underscore is transforming the higher education landscape by leveraging the power of Technolutions’ Slate — one project at a time.
From skilled Slate strategists to award-winning creatives to account-based project managers, you’ll find a team laser-focused on helping meet your institution’s unique goals. Our services include implementation, student search, enrollment campaigns and strategy, dynamic portals, personalized training, reporting, systems integrations, creative work and more. Learn more about us at underscorehighered.com.
Who we’re hiring:
Underscore is looking for a highly talented and driven Content Manager and Senior Copywriter who is eager to develop winning messaging across digital and print channels such as emails, social media, site updates, and print collateral as well as manage a team of award-winning writers. Responsibilities include a balance of management and writing. Creativity, organization, leadership, and strong professional communication skills are key to success in this role.
• Managing a team of copywriters by providing proper onboarding, training, professional development, and thought leadership
• Executing creative projects including but not limited to email campaigns, print mailers, digital ads, website design, and social media content
• Maintaining and managing consistency of quality across the team by reviewing all client-facing copywriting work
• Writing concisely, clearly and convincingly, all while collaborating with members of the creative team to develop and refine concepts, campaigns, and creative ideas that reflect a deep understanding of the target audience
• Participating and contributing in brainstorms, meetings, and presentations
• Ensuring brand voice and tone are accurately represented in all copywriting work
• Analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on the effectiveness of email and print marketing campaigns
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ of experience in content creation
• 1+ years of managerial experience
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Adobe Creative Suite experience
• Higher education knowledge
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization and decision-making skills
• Ability and willingness to expand technical skills
• Ability to function as an equal partner in a small autonomous team
• Friendly and easy-going, comfortable in a casual office environment
• Responsive and clear communications style
• Must be able to handle a variety of clients/projects simultaneously
• Interpersonal skills to positively collaborate with team members and represent the company to clients
Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
Private health, dental and vision
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Underscore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Underscore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.