What happens when you fuse best-in-class tech and first-class support? You get Underscore, a Carnegie company. As the country’s largest dedicated Slate development and optimization team, Underscore is transforming the higher education landscape by leveraging the power of Technolutions’ Slate — one project at a time.
From skilled Slate strategists to award-winning creatives to account-based project managers, you’ll find a team laser-focused on helping meet your institution’s unique goals. Our services include implementation, student search, enrollment campaigns and strategy, dynamic portals, personalized training, reporting, systems integrations, creative work and more. Learn more about us at underscorehighered.com.
Who we’re hiring:
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization.
The ideal candidate will possess significant experience working in teams and show a strong affinity toward identifying client needs ahead of the client, organization of project information. Must be able to understand the scope of the work, the deliverables, meeting the satisfaction of stakeholders on time and successfully. Candidates should be comfortable with the technical aspects of the position and interested in learning more about the Technolutions’ Slate CRM, as well as the higher education space.
Strong communication, organizational, account management and problem-solving skills are key to this role.
• Operate as the primary day-to-day contract for all matters specific to assigned accounts
• Efficiently facilitate and manage expectations for projects within Underscore service lines, including reporting, training, recruitment strategy, communications, enrollment implementation, integrations, and portals
• Serve as the liaison between the client and our content creators to ensure brand consistency and exceed client’s needs while also serving as the quality assurance for all assets delivered to client
• Develop and maintain timelines for project deliverables, ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
• Build rapport quickly to establish trust, respect and confidence that builds excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and external vendors, to ensure objectives are understood, expectations set and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project
• Participate in routine strategy calls as needed as well as documenting action items and discussion points for internal reference
• Collaboration with division members to enhance client experience and project success
Manage internal shared files through Google Drive with division members
• Communicate clearly the progress of deliverables to internal and external stakeholders and ensure smooth transitions and consistent communication
• Work collaboratively with project manager to ensure the timeline and successful delivery of project deliverables
• 1 – 4 years of experience in Higher Education
• Previous Account Management, Project Management, or Client Relations experience strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Extremely competent in using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability and willingness to expand technical skills
• Record of successfully managing complex projects from inception to closure
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization and decision-making skills
• Excellent facilitation skills to conduct meetings and workshops that encourage attendees to participate and collaborate effectively and efficiently
• Knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and processes such as Asana
• Strategic thinking and planning abilities that create clear pathways toward client goals while at the same time facilitating efficient resource management
• Friendly and easy-going, comfortable in a casual office environment
• Must be able to handle a variety of clients/projects simultaneously
• Dexterity and the wherewithal to effectively deal with ambiguity, change, and continuous process improvements
• Self-motivation and self-starter
• Adobe suite experience is a plus
Hours: Full time, salary commensurate with experience
Job location: Charlotte, NC (Matthews)
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
– 18 paid sick/vacation days per calendar year
– Private health/dental/vision
– 401(k) with company match
Here are some of our favorite parts about working at Underscore:
• Growing company with a family feel
• Flexible work environment
• Fun office events and laid-back culture
• Half-day summer Fridays
• Industry exposure
• Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
• Open workspace promoting collaboration and team learning
Please send resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Underscore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Underscore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.