Digital Programmatic Media Buyer
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
The Digital Programmatic Media Buyer will assist in digital revenue growth through programmatic buying and supporting Gray Digital Media’s client expectations. The role will focus on identifying target audiences, managing large budgets in real time bidding environments and to provide internal insights on digital campaign reporting.
• Build out media buys for various ad platforms using effective media buying strategies and oversee the day-to-day execution and optimization
• Participate in media planning to identify target audiences and craft creative and effective campaigns
• Ensure campaign KPIs are met and within budget requirements, tracking costs and ROI
• Maintain digital marketing budgets across multiple tactics and campaigns
• Suggest optimization and budget strategies according to the best performing creatives, audiences, placements
• Manage communication and requests from individual TV stations
• Contribute to building and analyzing reports on campaign success, developing a summary for sales teams to utilize in current and future opportunities
• Oversee the marketplace, competitive landscape, industry trends, and third-party data sources to constantly identify new marketing opportunities
• Contribute to educational documents, best practices and innovative solutions developed by the Ad Ops and Sales teams
• Additionally, this position may be required to perform other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
• 3+ years of data-driven digital marketing experience
• Excel power user (pivot tables, vlookup, index match, charts, etc)
• Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of ‘what happened to ‘why it happened and ‘what should be done
• Experience with Data Visualization (e.g. Tableau, DOMO)
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, DSPs, SSPs, ad exchanges social analytics, data integrations, media analytics, and client databases
• Team Player
• Experience taking on a high level of responsibility works well under pressure
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a deadline-driven, changing environment
• Familiarity or exposure to A/B testing
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for medical or religious accommodation.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.