Facilities Technician II
• Oversees all aspects of assigned retail locations plumbing, mechanical and electrical. Facilities repairs to include, but not limited to, plumbing fixtures, door and window repairs, lift repair, ceiling tile replacement, lighting repairs and replacement, installation of new equipment such as lighting, ceiling fans, or floor covering.
• Ensures that all repairs and purchases are within the locations budget
• Works with outside vendors when the scope of work is larger than expertise or where additional equipment is needed. Functions as the liaison between the stores and vendors to ensure scheduled repairs are conducive to the store’s hours and customer traffic
• Supports a range of project management functions for both in-house and outsourced projects including, but not limited to: schematics, project cost estimates, composes request for proposals (RFP’S), data management, email communications, researches, and creates presentations to inform decision-makers
• Secures quotes, schedules replacements, and manages scope for capital improvement projects
• Conducts quarterly facilities checklist to review open work orders, needed repairs, and alleviate reoccurring issues. Documents are recapped and submitted to the locations store management team, District Manager, Manager, Facilities Services, and Director, Facilities Services. Creates work orders and implements corrective action for each deficiency noted in report
• Repairs and replaces parts on Attended Donation Centers. Makes connections for Attended Donation Center heaters and lights pilot lights
• Performs light construction work to include building shelves, patching and repairing drywall, and welding bollards on railings and docks
• Performs light painting
• Informs the Manager, Facilities Services of needed repairs
Educations and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years’ experience providing maintenance services to include electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in one of the above areas is preferred.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
• Valid Driver’s License (Class C) and safe driving record (as determined by the Agency’s insurance carrier). Certification in at least one of the following is preferred • HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing or Building Science
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly (2/3 of the day) required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally (less than 1/3 of the day) required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, bend, pull or push; turn and twist body; and talk or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception. Regular travel within our service territory is required.