Union is a creative & performance marketing agency that creates omni-channel campaigns, unleashing creativity on a data-driven world, helping brands produce memorable, measurable and repeatable results.
We’re looking for a Technology Director with proven experience in leading a variety of web and application development projects and teams, in a fast-paced agency environment. This person will be responsible for establishing, evolving and disseminating innovative and efficient development and deployment processes for the agency.
As an agency director, this role requires senior leadership skills and accountability. Serving as the leader of the Technology Department, this person will lead a team of on-staff and near-shore developers, ensuring seamless cross-discipline collaboration, while meeting deliverable and timeline requirements.
This would be a leadership-level position within the agency.
Responsibilities and requirements:
• Providing strategic vision for the agency’s Technology Department and approach to creating innovative digital experiences.
• Manage an inclusive team of back-end, front-end and full-stack developers, both on-site and near-shore
• Establish and evolve the Department’s processes, tools and standards
• Closely work with Delivery team to ensure projects are properly staffed and all projects are meeting goals and timelines
• Supervise code reviews and assessments to ensure all code is up to compliance and quality standards
• Oversee, lead and elevate the quality of development work
• Cultivate and maintain a roster of freelancers and subcontractors who can be available on short notice to assist on various projects
• Encourage, establish and assist with department and individual goals
• Responsible for developing and fostering a highly collaborative team environment
• Estimate and price new engagements and lead conversations with prospective clients
• Collaborate with cross-discipline team members in scoping and pitching innovative ideas to new and existing clients
• Represent the agency’s technical point of view in client meetings, establishing strategies to meet client goals
• Work effectively with technical and non-technical teams at all levels and across multiple disciplines
• Actively participate in leadership conversations and objective tracking to help meet agency goals
• Proficient knowledge of semantic and accessible HTML
• Experience with React, React Hooks and state management libraries
• Experience with CSS, Sass and css-in-js
• Experience with PHP & MySQL
• Experience with Twig/Blade templating
• Understanding of build tools like Webpack and Parcel
Nice to haves:
• NextJS / Gatsby
• Gitlab CI
• Craft CMS Experience
What we’re looking for:
Over the years, Union has built an open and fun environment around our six core values; Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, Kindness, Passion, and Hard Work. Therefore, regardless of the position, we are looking for people to join the team that have:
• Ability to think creatively
• Ability to bring innovative solutions to the table
• Ability & desire to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Genuinely nice and kind personality
• Passion for not just fulfilling an assignment, but in adding value, pushing the boundaries and creating amazing work
• Hard-working & self-motivated mindset
• Ability to juggle multiple projects
• Ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise
• Up-to-date knowledge of current trends
• Meticulous attention to details and overall product quality