Immediate opening for a full-time attorney in sports and entertainment law office. This is an entry level lawyer position. Responsible for researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing memos for submission to a supervising lawyer in the firm; analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and making alterations to those documents; performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements and corporate transactions, corporate formations, drafting minutes, research projects, and providing daily support for senior lawyers.
Must be a self-starter, proactive, instinctive, highly organized, have superior inter-personal skills, strong work ethic, detail oriented, and discretion a must with celebrity and athlete clients. A problem solver with analytical skills, the ability to work independently and take initiative, ability to remain calm under pressure, work in fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines required. Wicked sense of humor a plus.
• Legal research and writing for sports, entertainment, corporate and intellectual property law matters
• Organize & maintain files relating to Company entities (including certificates of formation and minute books) and transactional, regulatory, intellectual property, and other legal matters
• Post deal closing matters
• Assist with trademark and copyright filings and IP portfolios
• Draft, redline, and edit highly confidential documents
• Take accurate minutes in client meetings
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College
• JD from an accredited law school
• Bar passage (NC or CA)
• Stellar References
• Skilled in Westlaw; Lexus/Nexus; Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Powerpoint, Word (redlining), and Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a team player
• Genuine interest in sports and entertainment law
Qualified applicants, please send your resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. With respect and our apologies in advance, we can only respond to qualified candidates given the volume of resumes we receive.
Apollo Sports and Entertainment Law Group is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.