The Nolen is a new, 27-unit, European-inspired townhouse development in Myers Park. Units start at $929K.
Why it matters: With inventory as low as it is, even luxury listings are hard to come by in Charlotte. If you search Myers Park on Zillow, only 30 homes come up.
- With 27 townhouses soon to be available, The Nolen could nearly double the neighborhood’s inventory.
- “There is no land like this in Myers Park,” Bart Hopper, founder of Hopper Communities, told Axios on a recent tour of the community.
- Plus: It’s fun to dream.
Community plan: The units will be released in three phases. Once complete, there will be five layouts to choose from with three- and four-bedroom options. Homes range from around 2,300-3,500 square feet.
- The first phase, which includes eight units and three floor plans, has already hit the market. One of the eight units sold, and construction should be done by the end of the year.
- The community will also feature a park-like green space.
Price: Homes start at $929,000 for a 2,394-square-foot, 3-bed, 3.5-bath model. The larger floor plans are priced up to $1.2 million.
Design: The exterior is inspired by the English countryside, and the interiors are fresh and airy. Expect luxury finishes like hand-scraped, 5-inch hardwood floors, 10-foot ceilings, quartz countertops and porcelain tile and backsplashes.
- Some units have ground-floor patios and large rooftop terraces.
- Elevators are also an optional add-on for some units.
Who’s buying: Hopper said those who’ve shown interest so far run the gamut. He’s talked to local folks who want a second home, people from as far as New York or L.A., and young families.
Timeline: The first phase should be complete by the end of 2021. The other units will be done in 2022.
Location: The Nolen is near the corner of Selwyn Avenue and Runnymede Lane.
- The exact address of the model unit we toured is 2506 Runnymede Ln. You can visit noon-2pm and 4-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday-Sunday.
Here’s a tour of the model home: