We ran a one-question survey last week asking an important holiday question:
- When is it acceptable to put up your Christmas tree, Charlotte?
A whopping 87% of those who responded said their tree it’s OK to put it up before the end of November.
- 51% of those respondents said they thread the needle between Thanksgiving and the end of the month.
- 31% before Thanksgiving, and another 5% said it’s never too early.
Zoom out: We ran the same survey in nine other Axios Local cities, and I can confidently report that Charlotte wins this year’s Holiday Cheermeister award.
Our city had the highest percentage of readers who put their tree up before Thanksgiving.
- In Atlanta, the Grinch of the South, only 14.57% of their survey respondents are OK with trees going up by Thanksgiving.
- The DMV area had a similar response of 14.37%.
My 💭 bubble: I’ve always known y’all are my people — this is proof. I won’t judge the 13% of you who won’t have a tree by the end of this weekend, though
For more: Here are 8 places to get a tree near Charlotte if you’re still on the hunt.